The Student Room Group

Midwifery 2021 start!!

Hello to all my fellow/potential student midwives!

I have accepted an offer to start Greenwich university (Jan 2021 cohort) and I am unbelievably excited. Is anyone starting the same time as me?
Would be lovely to hear about your journeys so far.
This has been my 3rd attempt, so it really is 3rd time luck for me! And to receive an offer from my 1st choice is just an amazing feeling. I wish you all the very best and hope we can share this journey together.

positive vibes,
stay safe

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going Greenwich starting January too!! Congratulations :smile:
Reply 2
Ah amazing, congratulations!! Where abouts are you from? I live in Beckenham. Hoping my placements will be either Pruh or Denmark hill. Are you nervous or just excited? I am feeling both! Its been a long time coming.
Are you waiting on any pending grades?
Sorry, so many questions haha x
Reply 3
It's fine, don't worry, you're the first person I've found that is starting in January too! I live in Medway so hoping for placement in medway hospital. I feel the same! I'm so over the moon, I've wanted to be a midwife since I was 8 so to finally be on the path to that is so exciting. However also being a sufferer of anxiety I am of course a little nervous about it too, but I'm really looking forward to it.
Yeah I'm waiting for grades for my btec, but no one really knows what's going on with it at the moment, we're waiting for more news soon hopefully x
Reply 4
I am waiting to find out my results for Maths GCSE which I believe will be sometime in August. Not sure how I feel about not being able to sit the actual exam. Fingers crossed all will be ok. Its literally the final hurdle before we embark on this amazing journey. Will you be staying in student accommodation or will you be travelling from medway? Have you started applying for student finance yet? x
my name is Soy by the way :-)
Reply 5
My name is Evie :smile: Yeah I understand that is a little nerve wrecking but I'm sure you will be fine! Absolutely, one more step and then we'll be there! I will probably be travelling as they have a shuttle bus from the medway site so will be quite easy to get there. I've just started applying for student finance this week actually. What about you? x
Reply 6
Hello there I had my interview yesterday with Greenwich University for January intake as well, how long did it take for them to reply after your interview.
Reply 7
Original post by Glad29
Hello there I had my interview yesterday with Greenwich University for January intake as well, how long did it take for them to reply after your interview.

Congratulations on getting interviewed. I had mine back in March Friday 6th and received an offer on the Monday, so pretty quick in my experience. Good luck and keep us posted! xx
Reply 8
Original post by soyrim
Congratulations on getting interviewed. I had mine back in March Friday 6th and received an offer on the Monday, so pretty quick in my experience. Good luck and keep us posted! xx

Oh wow that was very quick, thank you and I will do xx
Original post by soyrim
Hello to all my fellow/potential student midwives!

I have accepted an offer to start Greenwich university (Jan 2021 cohort) and I am unbelievably excited. Is anyone starting the same time as me?
Would be lovely to hear about your journeys so far.
This has been my 3rd attempt, so it really is 3rd time luck for me! And to receive an offer from my 1st choice is just an amazing feeling. I wish you all the very best and hope we can share this journey together.

positive vibes,
stay safe

Hello @soyrim

Congratulation on your offer. Well done :headbang:

If you have any question please let me know

Furtunà
Hey, any interview tips I have mine Monday. Just wondered what kind of things they may ask
Reply 11
Original post by Fayfaayy
Hey, any interview tips I have mine Monday. Just wondered what kind of things they may ask

Hello there

I had mine this Tuesday and they asked me why do I want to be a midwife and why now, what recent research about midwifery have I read, and then they gave me a few scenarios and they wanted to see how I would respond. I hope this helps best wishes xx
Original post by Glad29
Hello there

I had mine this Tuesday and they asked me why do I want to be a midwife and why now, what recent research about midwifery have I read, and then they gave me a few scenarios and they wanted to see how I would respond. I hope this helps best wishes xx

Thank you :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by soyrim

Iv been offered a place 🙌🏾 xx
Reply 14
Original post by UniofGreenwich
Hello @soyrim

Congratulation on your offer. Well done :headbang:

If you have any question please let me know

Furtunà

Thank you Furtuna, that is really kind of you.

Do you know if it would be possible to choose a different hospital to the one I originally picked at my interview for my placement? Also, are there any materials or books that you recommend before starting the course? I have so much free time on my hands at the moment (furlough) and would love to utilise this "spare" time that I have.

Thanks! x
Reply 15
Original post by Glad29
Iv been offered a place 🙌🏾 xx

That's amazing, massive congrats! I bet you are on cloud nine! I still am and my offer was 4 months ago 😁
Do you hold any other offers and is Greenwich your first choice? xx
Original post by soyrim
Thank you Furtuna, that is really kind of you.

Do you know if it would be possible to choose a different hospital to the one I originally picked at my interview for my placement? Also, are there any materials or books that you recommend before starting the course? I have so much free time on my hands at the moment (furlough) and would love to utilise this "spare" time that I have.

Thanks! x

@soyrim,

Unfortunately, I don't actually do this programme myself. But I can definitely direct you to the programme leaders - who will be able to give you all this information (and more!). You can find her email address here: https://www.gre.ac.uk/undergraduate-courses/eduhea/midwifery-bsc-hons

Just scroll down to the icon of her, click on her name and it will give you the email address.

Mo
Reply 17
Original post by soyrim
That's amazing, massive congrats! I bet you are on cloud nine! I still am and my offer was 4 months ago 😁
Do you hold any other offers and is Greenwich your first choice? xx

Definitely on cloud 9 and I have received another offer but Greenwich is my first choice.
Original post by Glad29
Hello there

Congratulations on your offer!
Are you able to explain more about the scenarios as I’ve read another thread where they failed because of it- find it very daunting. Hoping to start Sept 2021.
Any help is appreciated. X
Original post by Kberry95
Congratulations on your offer!
Are you able to explain more about the scenarios as I’ve read another thread where they failed because of it- find it very daunting. Hoping to start Sept 2021.
Any help is appreciated. X

Hey, my scenarios were being stuck at mars having one seat to bring someone back, had three options and had to explain my reason. The 2nd was how I would help my housemate who they described as being down etc. Hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending