The Student Room Group

Triggered by Instagram post

I was scrolling through my Instagram when I see my ex liked a post that says “it’s an elite feeling to lose your attachment to someone that wasn’t good for you”

I’m his only ex who he dumped for someone else and tried so hard to be perfect for him, forgave him so many times when he messed up and who he screwed over so many times. It hurts so much that he agrees with that post as I should be the one liking it! Sorry it has made me upset no matter how irrational it is to see that he blames me and feels like he’s relieved to be rid of me.
Have you considered that you weren't good for each other? It's not necessarily one person's fault that a relationship failed.
Reply 2
Original post by Theloniouss
Have you considered that you weren't good for each other? It's not necessarily one person's fault that a relationship failed.

Yeah you’re right and I have considered it but from things he’s said he blames me, I know in my heart I did everything to please him and be good for him so it really hurts that he views me like that :frown:
How do you know he liked it?
Do you still follow him?
Reply 4
Original post by AzureCeleste
How do you know he liked it?
Do you still follow him?

We both haven’t unfollowed each other and are both on good terms
Original post by Anonymous
I was scrolling through my Instagram when I see my ex liked a post that says “it’s an elite feeling to lose your attachment to someone that wasn’t good for you”

I’m his only ex who he dumped for someone else and tried so hard to be perfect for him, forgave him so many times when he messed up and who he screwed over so many times. It hurts so much that he agrees with that post as I should be the one liking it! Sorry it has made me upset no matter how irrational it is to see that he blames me and feels like he’s relieved to be rid of me.

Why don’t you just unfollow him? You can be on good terms without bumping into him on social media. It’s only going to bring you down. You don’t need to see any of that.
I would unfollow him ASAP if I were you. If you get upset 'easily' (not saying it's a bad thing, it's normal and I am the same) then best thing would be to unfollow him.

Also, try and work on your feelings because even after unfollowing him you might see one of his comments (if you have mutual friends on social media) and it might 'trigger' you. He is an ex, for a reason. Don't let him control your emotions.
Reply 7
Original post by Fermion.
Why don’t you just unfollow him? You can be on good terms without bumping into him on social media. It’s only going to bring you down. You don’t need to see any of that.

Thank you, I think he would be offended but at this point there’s really no need to hold on
Reply 8
Original post by Brutal Bee
I would unfollow him ASAP if I were you. If you get upset 'easily' (not saying it's a bad thing, it's normal and I am the same) then best thing would be to unfollow him.

Also, try and work on your feelings because even after unfollowing him you might see one of his comments (if you have mutual friends on social media) and it might 'trigger' you. He is an ex, for a reason. Don't let him control your emotions.

You’re right cos it hurts to see someone you esteem blame you and think badly of you, I’ll unfollow
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, I think he would be offended but at this point there’s really no need to hold on

Exactly.
Just like the post yourself, then move on with your life and focus on building your future.
The ghosts of failed relationships belong in the past.

Are you sure that you want to continue to following your ex on social media and are happy to allow him to see your posts?
You might feel better if you 'mute' your ex's account, so that you don't have to see his posts or likes.
Blocking is a bit drastic unless there is a history of crime, vitriol or harassment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending