Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
This thread is closed

How good is Loughborough?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
BadExaminee
I was wondering how much you usually earn during the placement year?

Usually sits around the £12-15k mark but I've seen some at £20k+
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 61
and btw ezekiels comment is not entirely correct....yes if u want to play rugy or football or another very popular sport, then unless you are a national player already or at elast play for your county etc you probbaly wont get in the first few teams, but nearly every club has a recreational team , and for sports like that you can just do IMS :P for most of the other sports (for example sailing, kayaking, trampolining, ultimate frisbee etc the list goes on and on) while they will probably still have people of a very high standard in the club, anyone else is free to join and will still be able to get involved and have fun! the clubs have to charge you a feww to join, like every other uni does, as that pays for insurance, coaches, and loads of stuff like that, and when you think tis for the whole year you really arent getting a bad deal...

not one person in my block in my first year was heavily sporty, a couple of people did bits and pieces but that was it, so no, you most definately wotn be discriminated against, but as the mighty g said, def try and get involved, even if its in a really random sport youve never heard of before! you will make so many new friends, it really is such a good way to get to know more people, and its tonnes of fun too!

Latest