The Student Room Group

Why do we dream about certain people?

I always dream about one person in particular whom sadly I no longer get to see.

Do you think dreams have some kind of purpose? If you dream about someone always do you think it's likely they'll be thinking of you too?
Well, although it might be nice to believe that they think of you as well, (this is just my opinion on the matter) you dreaming of someone probably just means that you’ve been thinking about them and that they’re at the forefront of your mind
Oml I think of the same thing all the time! So I asked my moms' friend and this is what he told me:

You Want The Person to Like or Admire You
When you dream about someone it is a sign that you desire their approval or attention. This is likely caused by the fact that they have been ignoring you or not engaging with your advances. You have a need for people to like or admire you. So when you don’t feel appreciated or noticed, you begin to question your appearance or doubt your confidence. Dreaming about this person might be a difficult experience for you. Recently you shared things with them that you normally don’t share with others. Now you worry about what they might think of you.

The Person in Your Dreams is Thinking About You
Dreaming about someone can be a sign that they are thinking or dreaming about you. This might come as a great surprise to you! If you dream about someone you have not seen for a long time they are likely thinking about you or might make an appearance in your life soon. On the other hand, when you dream about a friend, coworker, or ex, they are thinking about you or the next time they will see you. When you see them, pay close attention to their actions or body language. You will quickly learn whether they are having positive or negative thoughts about you. If you do not want this person in your life, do not mention your dream to them. In contrast, if you are looking for an easy way to break the ice, telling them about your dream could help you create that connection you’ve been looking for.

Someone Will Take Advantage of You
Having a dream about someone could be a sign that they will take advantage of you or cause you emotional pain. This dream could be a warning to be suspicious of this person and their motives. Your relationship with this person has left you vulnerable either emotionally or financially. You worry that they will steal from you or take what is rightfully yours. Be careful what you reveal to this person as it could come back to haunt you. You tend not to be too revealing to others and like to keep your deepest thoughts to yourself. On the other hand, you are still fun and spontaneous without revealing too much to those in your life. Your unique personality will serve you well when dealing with certain people that see your outgoing attitude as a weakness.

Your Life Would Be Different If You Were With Them
If you are dreaming about someone it is likely because you worry if you made the right decisions in your relationships. The appearance of a certain person in your dreams means you are curious about what your life might be like with them. You are happy with your current partner or relationship status, but sometimes it’s fun to imagine how things might have turned out differently. It’s no secret that your life might be better if you were with the person in your dreams. You would likely be in a different financial situation and probably be more fulfilled, but it’s too late to change that now. You are tired of struggling to make ends meet or not having happiness in your life, so dreaming about this person is exciting. Dreaming about someone means there will be a change in your relationships. These dreams should give you hope that things will soon change for the better.

You Feel Left Out or Lonely
Dreaming about someone means you are feeling lonely, sad, or used. You deeply miss someone, but they do not have the same feelings. You struggle with moving on from this person and think about them constantly. You wish they could be back in your life so everything would return to normal. It has been difficult for you to start new relationships or friendships because you only think about the person you lost. Instead of creating new memories, you enjoy thinking about the memories from your past. If you still see this person in your daily life, it can make you feel left out or lonely when they are hanging out with other people. You wonder if things will ever get better and how you will move on. The good news is that they are likely also thinking about you, even if they don’t show any signs. That is probably because it is difficult for them to move on as well.

Take it one day at a time and everything will eventually get better!!!! Not all of this may apply to you but I hope you figure everything out!!!!
Sometimes remembering past events, sometimes a fixation/obsession with the specific individual, strong history of negative emotions like anger/hate/resentment directed against enemies or because the subconscious knows that there is unfinished business involving the person/persons.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Sometimes remembering past events, sometimes a fixation/obsession with the specific individual, strong history of negative emotions like anger/hate/resentment directed against enemies or because the subconscious knows that there is unfinished business involving the person/persons.

What is meant by a fixation/obsession with a specific individual? Is it a good thing? And should you tell the individual?
Original post by Anonymous
What is meant by a fixation/obsession with a specific individual? Is it a good thing? And should you tell the individual?

It can be positive or negative depending on the attitude to the person.
Some people are fixated on a good looking neighbour who may be single, obsessed with an employee at their hairdressers, a barmaid at their local pub or a celebrity.

A friend had an obsession with the guy who worked at her local hairdressers.
He was all she ever wanted to talk about but she was too nervous to speak to him.
After six months her sister got her hair done than invited him to her own birthday party, told him at the party that he had a fan who never stopped talking about him and he made the first move. They will be getting married in 2022.
I think this too, I have been having dreams about a person I used to live with and I don’t get to see them anymore either. I think it’s because I miss them and I didn’t realise how much, but I do hope and wonder if she is thinking about me too and that is the reason for the dream. Maybe you should reach out to the person if you can, perhaps it’s a sign you should

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending