How to get a grade 9 in Religious Studies GCSE

Watch
SummerTime191
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Please may you help me because my exams are next year, how would you advise studying for Religious studies?

edit: I should have been specific
I have AQA Christianity and Islam
Last edited by SummerTime191; 6 months ago
Shadbury
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Particular exam board? And religion options?
SummerTime191
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by TakeALittleWalk)
Particular exam board? And religion options?
I got AQA Christianity and Islam
EliteBoy8
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by SummerTime191)
I got AQA Christianity and Islam
I did the same as you. My only advice is learn the structure. That’s the only thing I remembered and it really helped. (My GCSEs got cancelled but I got full marks on both my religious studies papers in my last three mocks, so trust me when I say structure is the most vital thing).
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Please may you help me because my exams are next year, how would you advise studying for Religious studies?

Radio programme: Offers an indepth analysis of the birth of Islam:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03qtyhx

A collection of articles on Islam specifically written for GCSE students by an interfaiths professor:
https://chrishewer.org/?page_id=2005

Radio programme: Covers a range of topical issues from a range of religious standpoints including Christianity and Islam.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006s6p6
Last edited by glassalice; 6 months ago
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Qwasdz5)
Hi there, it’s so important to practice writing 5 markers and 4 markers and obviously the 12 marker. Also practice writing within the time limit because the timings quite tight and it’s important that you get used to it.

I’m a grade 9 level student for R.S, and for my mocks I have gotten 100% in most themes and 100% in Christianity. All I did was learn everything from my notes and that got me 100%!
If you’re interested pm me because I am selling these notes (typed), several people have already bought them.

If not I’m sure you’ll be fine, ask your teacher to mark your 12 markers and give you feedback x
Which exam board are your notes for? Have you got any sample essays to demonstrate structure?
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Qwasdz5)
Hi I did AQA Themes A,B,C,E and AQA Christianity (I did Buddhism unfortunately not Islam)
Yes, several people have requested sample essays so I’m in the middle of typing them up (so it’ll take some time)
Sample essays come along free if you buy notes x
Ah OK, I don't really need any notes. I just want to be able to improve my essay style. PM me when you have completed your Christianity sample essays, as long as they aren't ridiculous priced 😜 I would be interested.
DP4300
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

I have my exams next year too! And I'm doing the same exam board/regions as you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (671)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (847)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads