The Student Room Group

Living at home or accommodation

I have applied to QMUL for this coming September and I Am a bit worried about struggling to fit in make freinds and have a social life while living at home as that would mean I would have to to travel while others are going to accommodation, so I’ve applied for accommodation too, what do you guys think is it the same experience ? Or does living with other people make a difference ?

Thanks for the advice in advance 😊
Original post by Beatrizslbk
I have applied to QMUL for this coming September and I Am a bit worried about struggling to fit in make freinds and have a social life while living at home as that would mean I would have to to travel while others are going to accommodation, so I’ve applied for accommodation too, what do you guys think is it the same experience ? Or does living with other people make a difference ?

Thanks for the advice in advance 😊

I think you are going to be fine, the best way that i can put this is that making friends is like making connections, you meet someone and if you hit if off and have a lot in common then you will become friends and you can of course still hang around with these people regardless of whether you live in the accommodation or not, do what is best for you and what makes you happy. I am also going to uni (if all goes well) in September and i have the same worries but it'll be fine, good luck
It is usually easier to make friends as an undergrad while living in uni accommodation.
I couldn't afford to do that, rented a room in house-shares.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I think you are going to be fine, the best way that i can put this is that making friends is like making connections, you meet someone and if you hit if off and have a lot in common then you will become friends and you can of course still hang around with these people regardless of whether you live in the accommodation or not, do what is best for you and what makes you happy. I am also going to uni (if all goes well) in September and i have the same worries

Original post by londonmyst
It is usually easier to make friends as an undergrad while living in uni accommodation.
I couldn't afford to do that, rented a room in house-shares.

Yh that’s I was thinking, thank you for the advice 😊
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I think you are going to be fine, the best way that i can put this is that making friends is like making connections, you meet someone and if you hit if off and have a lot in common then you will become friends and you can of course still hang around with these people regardless of whether you live in the accommodation or not, do what is best for you and what makes you happy. I am also going to uni (if all goes well) in September and i have the same worries but it'll be fine, good luck

Yh thank you I think your right I’ve applied for accommodation when it comes up making a decision I’ll go with what my gut says.. good luck to you too 😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending