The Student Room Group

What are you supposed to do after graduation

It’s occurred to me that my life after graduation will be pretty miserable. I’ve always relied on having a schedule, which is weird because I never follow it, it’s just comforting to me to have a fall-back. So what happens when uni is over and I officially have no commitments whatsoever?
I’m moving into third year and I have made no substantial friendships. The people who I have met have all turned out to be toxic and there is not a single person at this point in my life - aside from family - who I can put my trust into.

So what do I do? Do I just live with my parents for... years? I have no one to move out with. If i was financially stable, would I rent an apartment and live on my own? It sounds a bit sad at my age but I actually hate the idea of living alone as I can get very paranoid. But I don’t want to hole up with my parents indefinitely or move in with total strangers (I did this in my first year of Uni and it was a nightmare).

And how would I make friends? It sort of seems like university is the last formal environment for forming relations, as the workplace is so diverse it ironically becomes more difficult to find likeminded people of a similar age and with similar interests. I will no longer be able to rely on societies and clubs to find friends. I won’t even be able to attend my student gym anymore.

I can literally already see my life falling apart in just over a year. Advice please...?
Reply 1
Get a job :rolleyes:
In a graduate scheme or something
you seem to be secluded into the uni life, this will hurt your future. go to social events that arent in your uni, join groups, join sports groups, find friends through social media. there are ways to make friends outside of uni!

Quick Reply

Latest