The Student Room Group

I don’t know if I’m bi or not

It started off when I was younger with wanting to really really be friends with some girls, and then it turned into I want to be some girls and when I got a bit older I had a proper crush on one of my friends, but I thought I was straight and maybe it was just a phase

In year 12 I was dating this guy in the year above and I was really bored kissing him and I kind of hated it even though I thought we was good looking, I don’t know if it was just because it was him or because he was a boy. But thinking about having sex with a boy does turn me on and thinking about having sex with a girl makes me feel weird... like I wouldn’t even know how to do it? But I do get turned on looking at girls’ bodies so I have no clue

I always just assumed that I only like boys but now I’m questioning it and I’m really confused
I get what you mean, i had a similar issue with working out if i was bi (i am, i'm a guy btw) i'd been with girls and that was all good but i was curious about guys too. I liked the idea of sex with guys but couldn't imagine having an actual relationship with one. I think it's because of the gay stigma where i live. Attraction can come in many ways and if sex isn't initially part of the equation then that doesn't necessarily mean you don't like girls too.

My advice would be that if you find a girl you're into, go for it. You can work out whatever problems you might run into when you meet them. What's the harm in trying.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I get what you mean, i had a similar issue with working out if i was bi (i am, i'm a guy btw) i'd been with girls and that was all good but i was curious about guys too. I liked the idea of sex with guys but couldn't imagine having an actual relationship with one. I think it's because of the gay stigma where i live. Attraction can come in many ways and if sex isn't initially part of the equation then that doesn't necessarily mean you don't like girls too.

My advice would be that if you find a girl you're into, go for it. You can work out whatever problems you might run into when you meet them. What's the harm in trying.

I’m glad I’m not the only one, it’s so confusing! I understand that, there’s not too bad of a gay stigma where I live but I think my dad could have made an impact on me by making fun of gay couples in public when I was growing up and telling me about how wrong it is. Thanks so much, that’s very true

Quick Reply

Latest