agrimakaph
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
do i have to do law related a levels (eg english, history, politics) to do law at uni?? right now i wanna do a level sociology, business and maths but i feel like i need to do english or something to be able to do law at uni ? idk help
peepeedd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Some law unis will look favourably on English, but most of them don’t have any set of a-levels requirements as far as my knowledge goes.
realharrypotter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’m also looking to take law at uni and the advice I got before starting a levels was to do any BESIDES law. (I’m taking history,psychology and biology btw)
username3539714
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Law doesn't have any specific subject requirements so just pick what you'll enjoy
Last edited by username3539714; 8 months ago
username4196456
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I have three friends planning on doing law, ones doing chemistry, law and psychology, the other one is doing art, psychology and sociology, and the other one is doing economics, English lit (or she may change to sociology in September if she doesn't like it) and history so it probably doesn't matter too much x
ayumie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The Law degree is, simply, making debates, arguments and looking at evidence. So any subjects that have this general structure are favoured i.e. English Literature, possibly English Language, and others such as Psychology, Philosophy. Although, Maths is a great A-Level and well-respected among Universities.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No unless you are applying for scots law, which an essay subject is required like uni of Edinburgh. However, I'm assuming you want to do english law so no you dont - they dont expect anyone to have any knowledge of law so any is fine, even 3 stem subject. Do those A levels instead. You want to have the highest grades you can so the best thing to do to get those is choosing subjects you will enjoy to motivate yourself to get those grades.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by realharrypotter)
I’m also looking to take law at uni and the advice I got before starting a levels was to do any BESIDES law. (I’m taking history,psychology and biology btw)
A level law is fine though
realharrypotter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
A level law is fine though
I heard it’s actually looked down on and some universities prefer to take students without a law a level
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by realharrypotter)
I heard it’s actually looked down on and some universities prefer to take students without a law a level
They are neutral about it and they wouldn’t not take students just because they did law a level - they would say in their requirements. It would be the case back then but the new a level reform would have changed this. Look at point 7 of this thread as well: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6247090 there’s another thread talking about this but it’s somewhere in the law forum
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (53)
17.97%
No one else does (92)
31.19%
I'm embarrassed about my background (32)
10.85%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (99)
33.56%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.03%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.03%

Watched Threads