How do you look back on your time at school?

Watch
hannychica
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Some fond memories when I wasn’t being bullied, but when I was bullied (which was 90% of the time) it was the worst time of my life. But I also look back on it as a time when I showed great resilience, as I managed to get great GCSE results in spite of everything.

I did my A Levels at FE college and it was one of the best decisions I made. It was the start of the journey towards where I am today, and I reached heights that I would never have reached had I stayed on at school.
grl9096
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I miss the good times I had with some friends but overall, I was miserable during that time and I wouldn't go back for anything.
Karisa96
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I went to an all girls school right up to uni, and had a really great time.
For me though uni was the defining factor of my life, gave me a purpose, and pathway to follow, which I have done to this day.
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Time of my life
grl9096
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
Hated primary school, secondary school, college and uni. I wasn't bullied thankfully but I just didn't enjoy any of it. Bored me. Don't miss it at all.
So you would say life after uni is better for you? How so?
yzanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i had an amazing primary school experience - a small all girls school which was friendly, nurturing and innocent.

secondary school was ok from years 7-11: i loved my school but wasn't a huge fan of the people in it. year 12 was the worst year of my life so far in terms of mental health, year 13 the best year of my life. absolutely loved it and miss it! (rip supposed to be in it now)
.Dezer.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Wish I wasn't bullied as often, but I have had some very good times. I would definitely like to go back and give my acedemic side another shot but not the school life. I hope uni is way better than this... less than a year to go now!!!
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Left it 9 years ago and haven't looked back since
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I prefer not to "look back"
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm still in school so I can't really look back on it. I have to say I preferred year 12 compared to Yr7 - Yr11.
kitkadd
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i actually enjoyed it
Lala143
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Still in school but I like it.
Primary school-fun, exciting
secondary school- had to do some work but alright
Physicsqueen
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I enjoyed primary school as I had great friends there, but I didn’t really appreciate the academic side until secondary school. I loved learning everyday. I found an amazing group of friends at sixthform and I feel so lucky to have them. There were tough times, but overall I enjoyed school. I can’t wait to go to university though and finally just focus on physics rather than loads of different subjects.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by etienne26)
Didn't reach my potential
Put my time at school in a nutshell. And I think that was never the school's intention.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Primary was amazing.
Secondary was quite good except the momemts where I was bullied.

I was genuinely bored in primary and secondary because I had more knowledge than I was being given and wasn't engaged. Think the plan was to dumb down students like me ... a lot of precious time wasted. A habit that was forced on me.
TSR Professor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Challenging, but unlike any other, I was paid to attend classes and would receive £5 at the end of each week.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I moved school many times. Some schools I enjoyed a lot, others were horrible places where I was bullied by both pupils and teachers. On the whole, I would say I was pretty unhappy for most of my school career. I don't really think much about it these days though.
TSR Professor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
I moved school many times. Some schools I enjoyed a lot, others were horrible places where I was bullied by both pupils and teachers. On the whole, I would say I was pretty unhappy for most of my school career. I don't really think much about it these days though.
Don't you mean school life? As attending school is not a career, unless you happen to be one of the teachers.
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It was alright but everyone just uses each other really
Last edited by Geraldthegoat; 2 weeks ago
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TSR Professor)
Don't you mean school life? As attending school is not a career, unless you happen to be one of the teachers.
I mean what I wrote
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (180)
24.73%
Better than expected (146)
20.05%
Worse than expected (402)
55.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed