How do you look back on your time at school?

Watch
TSR Professor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by black tea)
I mean what I wrote
Fair enough, only shooting the breeze and trying to help.
OGGUS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Primary was amazing.
Secondary was quite good except the momemts where I was bullied.

I was genuinely bored in primary and secondary because I had more knowledge than I was being given and wasn't engaged. Think the plan was to dumb down students like me ... a lot of precious time wasted. A habit that was forced on me.
Basically this
rcmotorboy
Badges: 17
Report 4 days ago
Could be the the same if people went to college and uni, looking back. Just with high school and unlike making the choice to go to college or university, we were all sent there, law make us, parents took us and yes, I'm not surprised there were many moments we didn't like and I think it was the point. To make us study and pass and not make us like high school. Really clear, whoever set and ran that place, really wanted us to study and pass.

Got to know what some of the students and what they're really like, if I hadn't known them. I also noticed that the teachers would talk about how there was an old school, how they sold the site and the school was relocated. I look back now, I noticed the new, now ageing site school, is near a bus stop and train station, for maybe for kids from outside the area to easy travel and feel safe as they travel to and back from the school, so it makes me wonder why they were throwing the hint, time and again and what they were trying to say.
yzanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 15 hours ago
I loved primary school (though I was bullied a little) and was very carefree.
secondary school was ok too - i had gentle ups and downs.
sixth form was both the best and worst years of school. the best because it was freeing and my work ethic was good, but the worst because it triggered my feelings of nausea at everything.
pineapplepink
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 hours ago
I'm in my final year of high school and I can't wait to leave. It was the same when I was at the end of primary: some folk were greeting and I was just ready to walk out the door :lol:
pretty much done with school; I feel I have got everything out of it that I could and I'm ready to move on to uni
jemima0103
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 hours ago
I didn't really like Primary School. It was made worse by the fact that I moved house in year 6 and had to move schools and away from all my friends, and had to start again in a place where everyone else had known each other since nursery.
Secondary School was so hit and miss. Some of the best memories in my life happened then, e.g. Prom, End of Year Trips, meeting friends., but at the same time I had some truly awful times. I finally faced the truth about my mental health, and I was watching an old video diary that I made in year 7 the other day, and It made me realise that my problems had existed long before GCSE's.
Sixth Form so far hasn't been that great. A lot of my friends have moved on, and I feel really pressured by my family and teachers at the moment, however freedoms given and the time I do have to spend with friends has been alright
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (63)
41.45%
Take autumn exams (53)
34.87%
Look for a job (3)
1.97%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.63%
Take a year out (20)
13.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise