5tr3s5ed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Im not sure whether I should do Spanish a level, it sounds so interesting but i got 6’s and 7’s in my mocks (I didn’t revise but still) and obviously idk my actual grade, won’t know until August if I practise lots before next year could I do well?
ayumie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Spanish is a hard a-level, like most! And, most a-level success is based on your passion. If you know you can do Spanish to a high standard, and find understanding concepts somewhat easy/comprehendable. Then it's competely fine for you to take it! Being really good at Spanish gets you so far in studies, so, perhaps have a look at the Spanish syllabus and see how you like it! It's a really good A-Level to take, and is super interesting if it's within your interests. A 6/7 is good for no revision, very good! And if you were to revise, it seems as though you could get a 8/9. Thus, you seem more than capable.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
if you have an interest in the subject, then take it :yep: foreign language a levels have a reputation for being difficult but if you enjoy the subject you should be willing to work hard for it.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think I got a 6 in my GCSE French mock, an 8 in my real GCSE and am now predicted A* at A level. You are definitely capable of doing it, you just need to go into it determined to work hard, learn the vocab and practice the grammar. You probably won't get A*s from the off, but few people do as it's a subject you build up gradually. If you love it, take it and go from there
5tr3s5ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by ayumie)
Spanish is a hard a-level, like most! And, most a-level success is based on your passion. If you know you can do Spanish to a high standard, and find understanding concepts somewhat easy/comprehendable. Then it's competely fine for you to take it! Being really good at Spanish gets you so far in studies, so, perhaps have a look at the Spanish syllabus and see how you like it! It's a really good A-Level to take, and is super interesting if it's within your interests. A 6/7 is good for no revision, very good! And if you were to revise, it seems as though you could get a 8/9. Thus, you seem more than capable.
Thank you for replying!!! And I know it’s a very useful subject so I’ll take that into account
5tr3s5ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
if you have an interest in the subject, then take it :yep: foreign language a levels have a reputation for being difficult but if you enjoy the subject you should be willing to work hard for it.
I do really enjoy it, thank you
5tr3s5ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by redmeercat)
I think I got a 6 in my GCSE French mock, an 8 in my real GCSE and am now predicted A* at A level. You are definitely capable of doing it, you just need to go into it determined to work hard, learn the vocab and practice the grammar. You probably won't get A*s from the off, but few people do as it's a subject you build up gradually. If you love it, take it and go from there
Ahhhh that’s reassuring, good luck for your A levels!!!!
i77
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by 5tr3s5ed)
Im not sure whether I should do Spanish a level, it sounds so interesting but i got 6’s and 7’s in my mocks (I didn’t revise but still) and obviously idk my actual grade, won’t know until August if I practise lots before next year could I do well?
If you love Spanish and you're prepared to work hard at it, then I would go for it!! I'm extremely biased as it is my favourite subject in the world and I want to study it at uni but I would recommend studying a language to anyone if they can. It's a very interesting course (much more so than GCSE). However, I would say there is an element of needing to have a good memory-especially for learning vocab and quotes from films and novels/plays-as well as not hating grammar. But 7s are definitely good enough to do A-Level I would say. There are only 4 of us in our class haha but one student got a 7 in their GCSE and is doing well. You just need to consider whether you would be dedicated and enthusiastic enough to spend lots and lots of time studying it. Good luck with your GCSE results
5tr3s5ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by i77)
If you love Spanish and you're prepared to work hard at it, then I would go for it!! I'm extremely biased as it is my favourite subject in the world and I want to study it at uni but I would recommend studying a language to anyone if they can. It's a very interesting course (much more so than GCSE). However, I would say there is an element of needing to have a good memory-especially for learning vocab and quotes from films and novels/plays-as well as not hating grammar. But 7s are definitely good enough to do A-Level I would say. There are only 4 of us in our class haha but one student got a 7 in their GCSE and is doing well. You just need to consider whether you would be dedicated and enthusiastic enough to spend lots and lots of time studying it. Good luck with your GCSE results
Thank you so much!! That’s really helpful, I’m glad you enjoy it!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (491)
33.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.63%

Watched Threads