The Student Room Group

How to solve error 524 when uploading file?

Error 524 is an error when the user upload a file too large, so large that the server times out before the upload completes.

Sometimes it doesnt display error 524 , it just flats out just go back to the upload page with no upload complete.

This is due to the file is too large and server times out before file upload is complete

I have added a file size check in my php script but its pointless. if the file doesnt complete its upload, it wont reach the point where my php script gets executed.

My product planner inform me of this problem and ask me to add a file size check but its already there.

I cant think of anything to solve this problem from the developer desk. Is this a problem for the server guys to fix? Or can i fix this with codes?
Reply 1
Original post by HucktheForde
Error 524 is an error when the user upload a file too large, so large that the server times out before the upload completes.

Sometimes it doesnt display error 524 , it just flats out just go back to the upload page with no upload complete.

This is due to the file is too large and server times out before file upload is complete

I have added a file size check in my php script but its pointless. if the file doesnt complete its upload, it wont reach the point where my php script gets executed.

My product planner inform me of this problem and ask me to add a file size check but its already there.

I cant think of anything to solve this problem from the developer desk. Is this a problem for the server guys to fix? Or can i fix this with codes?

Check the file size on the client side before sending the request - if too big, don't allow it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending