Rebecca.H01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,I’m going to be starting my first year of adult nursing in September. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if we get weekends off or any holiday dates and / or how many weeks we get off? Thank you!
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rebecca.H01)
Hi,I’m going to be starting my first year of adult nursing in September. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if we get weekends off or any holiday dates and / or how many weeks we get off? Thank you!
Hi I’m a current first year adult nurse and they’ve released the provisional overview of the time line of the course. Name:  CD98A5E1-E5A0-4DB8-B404-E53D12788346.png
Views: 207
Size:  230.5 KB
Green is placement as that part of the key is cut off. This is just a provisional one do it may change
paulastamp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Just jumping in here!

Would you think that the child nursing would follow the same format (roughly)? Also, if you're working 3 x 12 hour shifts in placement Mon, Tue, Wed, do you still have to attend uni on the Thurs & Fri or has that been self-study time??

I'm considering retraining as a nurse, and live close to Teesside uni, but their child nursing course is way over subscribed... I can't believe that Northumbria still have places!

I've seen on their website that they follow the usual uni semesters, so we would get time off at Easter & the long summer break.

Any information would be useful, Thanks.
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by paulastamp)
Hi,

Just jumping in here!

Would you think that the child nursing would follow the same format (roughly)? Also, if you're working 3 x 12 hour shifts in placement Mon, Tue, Wed, do you still have to attend uni on the Thurs & Fri or has that been self-study time??

I'm considering retraining as a nurse, and live close to Teesside uni, but their child nursing course is way over subscribed... I can't believe that Northumbria still have places!

I've seen on their website that they follow the usual uni semesters, so we would get time off at Easter & the long summer break.

Any information would be useful, Thanks.
Hiya o think children’s are going to be following a similar format.
Basically the grey squares are days in uni so yes you’d be expected to be in uni those days as you need to log a certain number of hours of theory as well as practice.
Blue squares are self directed study
Kim1000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Do you know if the summer break will be around the same time every year so for 2022/2023 roughly beginning of September ?
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Kim1000)
Hi Do you know if the summer break will be around the same time every year so for 2022/2023 roughly beginning of September ?
Hi yes
So the blue section before the holidays is also holiday if you have no extra hours to make up.
Kim1000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Pugglet)
Hi yes
So the blue section before the holidays is also holiday if you have no extra hours to make up.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%