how to combat hairloss?

Watch
boulderingislife
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've been losing a lot of hair since last august. The trigger was bullying at work, and I quit to get away from it and the stress. Then I was stressed about getting another job, and my hair loss problem never went away. I've tried using coconut oil, argan oil and castor oil, but nothing works!

Anyone else suffering from hairloss? Has anything helped stop or even perhaps reverse hairloss?
andrei00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
My friend suffered from hair loss and he went to his GP. They gave him a prescription for a medicine called Finasteride and it worked for him. It has a bad reputation as it’s associated with decreased libido(sex-drive).

minoxidil is another option, it usually comes in a foam or shampoo and it’s supposed to help.

Check the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hair-loss/
HenryHein
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If you have male pattern baldness (starts off as an 'm' shape at the forehead- look on google images) the stress was probably coincidental. The best treatments are finasteride (or dutasteride) and a minoxidil foam- both can be used, and they can be bought online without visiting your GP. If your hair loss isn't male pattern there are many different reasons why you may be experiencing hair loss, I would recommend going to your GP. Hope this helps.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by HenryHein)
If you have male pattern baldness (starts off as an 'm' shape at the forehead- look on google images) the stress was probably coincidental. The best treatments are finasteride (or dutasteride) and a minoxidil foam- both can be used, and they can be bought online without visiting your GP. If your hair loss isn't male pattern there are many different reasons why you may be experiencing hair loss, I would recommend going to your GP. Hope this helps.
2 months old thread...
HenryHein
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
2 months old thread...
Right, except hair loss doesn't go away after 2 months...
boulderingislife
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by HenryHein)
Right, except hair loss doesn't go away after 2 months...
Well said haha! I went to my GP. They said I could take minoxidil but I decided to embrace the balding rather than go down the medication route. I must not let my vanity define who I am.I must fight the societal pressures and push back on these ideas which says people with thick busy hair are more attractive. Only then will I come to terms with my insecurities, not by taking drugs!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
Wigs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads