The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Airport Fairy
Kieran is an Irish name, not a scally name. It's just unfortunate that scallies happen to like it.

And Paris isn't a scally name......as such. Names like Paris, Brooklyn, Tuesday etc just say you have pretentious parents.

Names such as Jeffrey, Roderick, Isabella, Saffron etc (usually on small children) just say you're upper middle-class.

Heh, I was going to be called Isabella at one point!
This might sound strange but I like the name 'Paris' for men better than for women...

Guess bad taste is hereditary, I was going to be called 'Tamara'...
Reply 82
Natalie Lane
This might sound strange but I like the name 'Paris' for men better than for women...

Guess bad taste is hereditary, I was going to be called 'Tamara'...

'Tamara' isn't bad at all! My dad wanted to call Marquita, thank god he didn't get his own way. Can you imagine life at school?! :tongue:

I knew a boy called Paris, suited him very well.
Some names I reall like (incidently all Japanese):

Boys: Kaidoh, Inui, Ryoma, Sasuke, Naruto, Yuuta, Atobe.

Girls: Sakuna, Sakura, Hinata, Ino, Tenten.
happysoul
'Tamara' isn't bad at all! My dad wanted to call Marquita, thank god he didn't get his own way. Can you imagine life at school?! :tongue:

I knew a boy called Paris, suited him very well.

'Marquita'? Yes I guess I do prefer Tamara, then again, some people can get away with that and pull off the excentric look, can be pretty cool...

But, then again, children are so mean!!!
Reply 85
Natalie Lane
'Marquita'? Yes I guess I do prefer Tamara, then again, some people can get away with that and pull off the excentric look, can be pretty cool...

But, then again, children are so mean!!!

True, but I'm definitely not one of those people! And people can most certainly be mean! Do you know what you would have been called if you were a boy?
Reply 86
my name is Hayley, what can you tell from that? my hairdresser has two daughters called leah and kelly - they are proper chavs!!
happysoul
True, but I'm definitely not one of those people! And people can most certainly be mean! Do you know what you would have been called if you were a boy?

No, do you?

(Anyone who says children are born pure and learn the rest as they grow up has obviously never been to school...)
Reply 88
dreamer86
my name is Hayley, what can you tell from that? my hairdresser has two daughters called leah and kelly - they are proper chavs!!

I know someone called Kayley, she most definitely is too!
Reply 89
Natalie Lane
No, do you?

(Anyone who says children are born pure and learn the rest as they grow up has obviously never been to school...)

Hehe, true!
I would have been called Harvey, lol. I quite like it, could have been worse.
Reply 90
dreamer86

I like Hayley, my cousin was going to be called Hayley.
Reply 91
happysoul
I like Hayley, my cousin was going to be called Hayley.

thanks. If I was a boy I would have been called Robert. My parents had gone off this name by the time my brother was born, as he is called Thomas. If he had been a girl he would've been called Victoria. Again, by the time my sister was born they had changed their minds, she is called Jessica. She would've been Jack. This is where my family ends.
happysoul
Hehe, true!
I would have been called Harvey, lol. I quite like it, could have been worse.

I don't mind Harvey but doesn't it sound a bit like a name you'd call your goldfish? :redface:

(Seriously, I used to be the worst kid in nursery school... :rolleyes: all better now though :biggrin: )

And I LOVE the name Thomas!!!
Reply 93
Natalie Lane
I don't mind Harvey but doesn't it sound a bit like a name you'd call your goldfish? :redface:

(Seriously, I used to be the worst kid in nursery school... :rolleyes: all better now though :biggrin: )

And I LOVE the name Thomas!!!

Hehe, my friends dog is called Harvey! LOL!
I found a book of baby names that my parents had bought before I was born, and for a boy HOWARD was circled. I'm glad I was female.

Latest

Trending

Trending