Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ask away!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
how were u a slave.
The Weeknd.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Do you like ice cream?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
have you ever visited the Isle of Skye ?

:holmes:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
how were u a slave.
I come from Mauritania where slavery is extremely common. I was actually enslaved by a family member of the Berber community until I was helped by relief workers in Nouakchott
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
What? Slave to love?

Nope
Anonymous #1
(Original post by the bear)
have you ever visited the Isle of Skye ?

:holmes:
No I haven't. Isn't that in Scotland?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Do you like ice cream?
Yes, especially pistachio and chocolate ice cream
username4910484
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I come from Mauritania where slavery is extremely common. I was actually enslaved by a family member of the Berber community until I was helped by relief workers in Nouakchott
Are you/ where you a refugee then? Do you live in the UK? What was it like escaping?
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I thought this said ‘I want to be a slave! AMA’
The Weeknd.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes, especially pistachio and chocolate ice cream
Yesss :five:
username5138798
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Are you now based in the uk?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glassalice)
Are you/ where you a refugee then? Do you live in the UK? What was it like escaping?
Yes, I was a refugee in Germany but have been granted political asylum. The journey was actually not too difficult as I obtained a visa for travel to Germany and then applied for asylum from there. My case was quickly approved as I was a minor at the time
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PilotFineliner)
Are you now based in the uk?
No I live in Germany
dumpling_eater
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What was it like when you were initially adapting to life in Germany, having come from Mauritania as a former slave?
username5138798
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
No I live in Germany
Could you describe your emotional experience being a slave?

What were the jobs you were required to do?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dumpling_eater)
What was it like when you were initially adapting to life in Germany, having come from Mauritania as a former slave?
It was extremely difficult in the beginning because I barely spoke English let alone German. I was enrolled in German classes around two months after I was granted asylum. The hardest part was getting documentation etc. in Mauritania as I obviously had none before finally getting the Visa. This was arranged by the UNHRC
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes, I was a refugee in Germany but have been granted political asylum. The journey was actually not too difficult as I obtained a visa for travel to Germany and then applied for asylum from there. My case was quickly approved as I was a minor at the time
Absolutely fascinating, horrible and it must have been a terrifying ordeal for you but that’s really interesting
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PilotFineliner)
Could you describe your emotional experience being a slave?

What were the jobs you were required to do?
It was a difficult situation to escape and slavery is something that all Mauritanian government officials are in denial about. I was mostly required to look after elderly visitors, prepare meals, cooking and cleaning but I was barely ever allowed out, to get a proper education or have my own freedom
username5138798
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It was a difficult situation to escape and slavery is something that all Mauritanian government officials are in denial about. I was mostly required to look after elderly visitors, prepare meals, cooking and cleaning but I was barely ever allowed out, to get a proper education or have my own freedom
That’s really terrifying. I’m really upset for you. May I ask how’s your quality of life now?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (38)
9.62%
Okay (115)
29.11%
A bit lacking (150)
37.97%
Not good at all (92)
23.29%

Watched Threads