How long does it take for argos to restock on items?

Watch
Martolashhh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
My laptop isnt working for a month and I'm really struggling to complete my classwork easily during lockdown. I reported my situation to a teacher and then she applied for me to get a grant which got approved but I still haven't received it. I went on argos to look for a laptop but cus I didnt have the money I just waited. Now most of the laptops are out of stock and I'm not sure for how long I have to be in this situation.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Martolashhh)
My laptop isnt working for a month and I'm really struggling to complete my classwork easily during lockdown. I reported my situation to a teacher and then she applied for me to get a grant which got approved but I still haven't received it. I went on argos to look for a laptop but cus I didnt have the money I just waited. Now most of the laptops are out of stock and I'm not sure for how long I have to be in this situation.
No idea on Argos, but Amazon is still delivering, including refurbished machines, do you have to go with just one supplier ?
Martolashhh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
No idea on Argos, but Amazon is still delivering, including refurbished machines, do you have to go with just one supplier ?
I never bought laptops on amazon, i guess im a but scared if i mistake something and buy something different than what im expecting. Ive been searching for lots of different ones, im planning to get one that is a bit more afdordable to me but also good in terms of specs.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I never bought laptops on amazon, i guess im a but scared if i mistake something and buy something different than what im expecting. Ive been searching for lots of different ones, im planning to get one that is a bit more afdordable to me but also good in terms of specs.
TBH you are going to get a much better price on Amazon than Argos for tech, ok you have to wait a few days for delivery rather than walking out with it from a shop, but there is a reason that company is doing so well, and making sure people get what they paid or replacing very occasional bad units for is really high up the list. Oh, and its not like you are going to be out when the delivery guy shows up at the moment. Just look for plenty of stars for the seller and a realistic delivery date that works for you. For uni / school work you are usually better off getting hardware a year or two out of date / older stock from a well known brand, still fine for anything you need apart from high-spec video editing / computer modelling (or you are a serious gamer) and will get the job done without breaking the bank.
Martolashhh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
TBH you are going to get a much better price on Amazon than Argos for tech, ok you have to wait a few days for delivery rather than walking out with it from a shop, but there is a reason that company is doing so well, and making sure people get what they paid or replacing very occasional bad units for is really high up the list. Oh, and its not like you are going to be out when the delivery guy shows up at the moment. Just look for plenty of stars for the seller and a realistic delivery date that works for you. For uni / school work you are usually better off getting hardware a year or two out of date / older stock from a well known brand, still fine for anything you need apart from high-spec video editing / computer modelling (or you are a serious gamer) and will get the job done without breaking the bank.
Thank you, i will see if i find one i like on amazon
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thank you, i will see if i find one i like on amazon
Feel free to check out the sticky thread in this forum to create a recommendation thread.

Argos isn't the only laptop retailer... (they're probably the last people I'd go to IMHO).
Martolashhh
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Feel free to check out the sticky thread in this forum to create a recommendation thread.

Argos isn't the only laptop retailer... (they're probably the last people I'd go to IMHO).
Yeah, it's just that my mum really wanted me to buy at argos but it's okay now. I found a really good one, hp, and it's affordable. Thanks for the suggestion tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.75%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads