The Student Room Group

Manspreading has crossed over to the realm of running, and it’s not OK

Taking up space in the world seems hardwired for men but right now, it reeks of selfishness, says Helen Coffey.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/manspreading-running-social-distancing-jogging-men-coronavirus-a9491926.html

How is the UK going to defeat the virus if half the population are not practising social distancing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Taking up space in the world seems hardwired for men but right now, it reeks of selfishness, says Helen Coffey.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/manspreading-running-social-distancing-jogging-men-coronavirus-a9491926.html

How is the UK going to defeat the virus if half the population are not practising social distancing?

Half the population are running into one another?
Reply 2
Original post by Quady
Half the population are running into one another?

You'll have to excuse AngeryPenguin as he is but a poor wumao trapped in a propaganda sweatshop with no experience of the outside world.
I wonder if you're even a real person. You never seem to engage with the responses to your threads

What on Earth? Man spreading is not a thing, do you actually believe this nonsense?
I would also point out that the actual rule here is: The smaller person gets out of the way, and normally the smaller person is the woman.
Just another trash opinion piece.
Manspreading? Bish please :lol:
Reply 8
Original post by Makearealpoint
pot calling the kettle black

Hush little one.
Reply 9
Original post by Theloniouss
I wonder if you're even a real person. You never seem to engage with the responses to your threads

The funny thing is he used to be quite an interesting member of the site and happily engaged in plenty of discussions, then he went all propaganda bot :lol:

You know it's bs when the accompanying image is of a guy's muscular legs

Also seems as though journalists seem to be going off their rocker during lockdown, creating more and more unsubstantiated tripe
Reply 11
Original post by deathbySTEP
You know it's bs when the accompanying image is of a guy's muscular legs

Also seems as though journalists seem to be going off their rocker during lockdown, creating more and more unsubstantiated tripe

A variation of 'bums on seats' .. 'letters on the page', with so little going on they seem to feel obliged to rant about anything and everything :lol:
This is what happens when journalists have deadlines but nothing interesting to write about.
It doesn't happen in Barnet. I've passed by three Premier League footballers out for runs over the last few weeks and all have given plenty of space for others.
White cis het males 😡
Original post by Greywolftwo
What on Earth? Man spreading is not a thing, do you actually believe this nonsense?

Manspreading is a thing, I just don't accept that it applies here. Seems to be a few men who just lack normal courtesy. Probably taken lessons in lack of manners from rude people such as Philip Green or Michael Gove.
Reply 16
Ridiculous article. I've seen the same behaviour from Women.
Original post by barnetlad
Manspreading is a thing, I just don't accept that it applies here. Seems to be a few men who just lack normal courtesy. Probably taken lessons in lack of manners from rude people such as Philip Green or Michael Gove.

I do it because otherwise my ankles hurt :P
What about bag spreading?
The act of women putting their bags on bus or train seats so others can't sit down.
Come across that waaaay more than any man spreading in my time. Even ones who refuse to move them when asked.
👜🛍️🚫
Reply 19
This is why the Independent is reduced to an online format, not enough sad people to pick a copy from the stands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending