The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, so I had emailed lse 10 days ago asking them whether they had sent me a confirmation and they said they'll resend it and I got it. And now about 2 days ago I got a request for additional information of my LNAT ID. And now they sent me another email asking my referee to upload my predicted scores? This is my third communication in almost a week. Does this mean anything or am I overthinking? (PS all this was already uploaded on my UCAS)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by BobaFett2308
I am so glad you have such a positive outlook. When I had my student shadow day at LSE, Admissions made it clear that personal statements were everything. I just hope I got it right. I have some great offers (Warwick, Durham and Loughborough) but LSE is my dream school. Good Luck to you!

Hi when did you do your student shadowing scheme?
Original post by LVSDH
Hi when did you do your student shadowing scheme?

I did it in the February half term 2020, luckily before the first lockdown. I was able to follow a first year Finance student. I think there was about 5 or 6 of us.
Original post by waitanddrinktea
Thank you that is very helpful, I'm a Politics and IR applicant too and have not heard anything since October. Alo I'm very sorry for you, hope you end up happy somewhere else. :smile: May I ask if they told you why you were rejected?

I’m hoping that a decision for the other course taking longer is a good sign. The reason was my personal statement which was expected because it is much more suited to the other course :smile:
Reply 1344
my anxiety levels are on the next level lol i am so stressed :/ has anyone else applied for PBS :’)
I did it in the February half term 2020, luckily before the first lockdown. I was able to follow a first year Finance student. I think there was about 5 or 6 of us.

Oh I see. I was asking because I did it similar time so I think that would have been cool if we were in the same group
can't believe they still haven't sent out offers ...
Original post by dfdfdf1234
scrolling through the professors in the international history department (why not haha) and just realised I name dropped a professor in my personal statement without even knowing. is that good or bad ?

I did too, but in a subtle way, that attending dr. D'Souza’s criminal law class motivated me to
I don’t think mentioning someone who genuinely interests you is bad
Or maybe it is
Because Oxford rejected me so who knows 💀✌🏽
Does anyone know when accommodation opens because i can’t find a date on the website?
Reply 1349
Original post by mah897
Does anyone know when accommodation opens because i can’t find a date on the website?

I believe all LSE residences are open for booking right now.
Original post by zxvs
I believe all LSE residences are open for booking right now.

oh yeah it is, that’s weird won’t it put people who get offers later at a disadvantage ???
Original post by puyi
my anxiety levels are on the next level lol i am so stressed :/ has anyone else applied for PBS :’)

Yep I have !!!
Reply 1352
Original post by sjbelkin
Yep I have !!!

yay !!! where else did you apply : )))
Reply 1353
Original post by mah897
oh yeah it is, that’s weird won’t it put people who get offers later at a disadvantage ???

Usually works out fine every year - the guarantee scheme ensures you'll get accommodation (and most people do end up getting their first/second choice).
Original post by LVSDH
Oh I see. I was asking because I did it similar time so I think that would have been cool if we were in the same group

Oh wow! I just found my booking. I was there Feb 19th. Do you remember your date? Here were my confirmation details (I crossed out the student’s name):

Dear Student,
This is a reminder that you are scheduled to attend the LSE campus as part of the Student Shadowing Scheme on Wednesday 19th February 2020. You are meeting XXXXXX at the LSE main entrance The OLD building reception at 10:15am.
A map of the campus is available here.
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Many thanks,
Oh wow! I just found my booking. I was there Feb 19th. Do you remember your date? Here were my confirmation details (I crossed out the student’s name):

Dear Student,
This is a reminder that you are scheduled to attend the LSE campus as part of the Student Shadowing Scheme on Wednesday 19th February 2020. You are meeting XXXXXX at the LSE main entrance The OLD building reception at 10:15am.
A map of the campus is available here
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Many thanks,

Awh no my one was a day later
Original post by LVSDH
Awh no my one was a day later

Wow, almost. Where else have you applied?
if i get an offer on april 1st, is it a joke? what if they say sike 😓
Original post by Anonymous
i said it a while ago but i was rejected from P&IR too, i applied for Politics too though and it’s still in consideration (i didn’t know they only consider one course). I’ve seen people saying they didn’t know any decisions had gone out so i’m just saying again

Yeah same, I had applied for bsc econ and bsc econ history and i got rejected from econ history because my ps was tailored to econ. I'm also hoping them taking longer to get back indicates something good lmao
Original post by puyi
yay !!! where else did you apply : )))

cambridge, st. andrews, durham & bath (have an offer for the last two!) - wbu?

Latest