Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Accounting and Finance
Other universities you're applying for: not 100% sure but Edinburgh and Durham
GCSE grades: 8888888888
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: AAAB (Chemistry, Economics, French and Maths) - however these aren't my final predictions so they will hopefully be AAAA (or higher) when I apply. I also do an EPQ but LSE don't care about that lol.
Home country: UK

I am really worried that my predicted grades will not be sufficient despite them being the requirement for the course.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Eloooot
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Accounting and Finance
Other universities you're applying for: not 100% sure but Edinburgh and Durham
GCSE grades: 8888888888
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: AAAB (Chemistry, Economics, French and Maths) - however these aren't my final predictions so they will hopefully be AAAA (or higher) when I apply. I also do an EPQ but LSE don't care about that lol.
Home country: UK

I am really worried that my predicted grades will not be sufficient despite them being the requirement for the course.

I'll be applying next year.. what about work experience/ extra curricular?
Reply 42
Original post by jiyapatel16272
I'll be applying next year.. what about work experience/ extra curricular?

I have work experience from Cantor Fitzgerald (Investment bank), I co-run my school's politics and economics society, editor in chief of school French newspaper and deputy French prefect.

Apart from the work experience I think I will mainly just talk about books in my personal statement since it is difficult to have relevant extra curricular for Accounting and Finance (especially with COVID). If you are applying next year, I would recommend trying to get any work experience in the Financial sector since I can't imagine many schools have an Accounting club lol

I also play the piano and did LAMDA etc. but not really relevant
Original post by mozarelladippers
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE Maths and/with econ
Other universities you're applying for i dont quite know yet but probs other russell group unis
GCSE grades 999888A*A*77777
Predicted A-level grades & subjects A*AAA (maths, further maths, physics and econ)
Home country UK

You did 13 GCSEs?!
Original post by Eloooot
I have work experience from Cantor Fitzgerald (Investment bank), I co-run my school's politics and economics society, editor in chief of school French newspaper and deputy French prefect.

Apart from the work experience I think I will mainly just talk about books in my personal statement since it is difficult to have relevant extra curricular for Accounting and Finance (especially with COVID). If you are applying next year, I would recommend trying to get any work experience in the Financial sector since I can't imagine many schools have an Accounting club lol

I also play the piano and did LAMDA etc. but not really relevant

What books will you be including?
Course(s) you're applying for Bsc Financial Mathematics and statistics
Other universities you're applying for KCL UCL Manchester Warwick
GCSE grades No (Have equivalent Chinese qualifications)
Predicted A-level grades & subjects A*AAA (Probably A*AAA*) (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry)
Home country Mainland China
Reply 46
Original post by jiyapatel16272
What books will you be including?

The reading list on the LSE page is good. I recommend looking at the course program pages on Uni websites and look at recommended reading
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: Economics
Other universities you're applying for: Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Bristol
GCSE grades: 9999999999
Predicted A-level grades & subjects Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics (A*A*A*A)
Home country UK
Course: Law
Other Unis: KCL, Oxford, Bristol, QMUL
GCSE equivalent: 80%? (I’m an international student)
A level equivalent: A*A*A* ( already received, currently on a gap year)(law, political science, psychology)
Home country: India
Hey guys I’m a sociology fresher at LSE, international student. If there’s anything (e.g, grades, PS, gap year, extracurricular etc.) you’re wondering feel free to ask me - I was rejected in 2019 but accepted in 2020 after a gap year :smile:
Original post by yuki1201
Hey guys I’m a sociology fresher at LSE, international student. If there’s anything (e.g, grades, PS, gap year, extracurricular etc.) you’re wondering feel free to ask me - I was rejected in 2019 but accepted in 2020 after a gap year :smile:

I just wanted to ask- will having 7A* and 3A's at GCSE, and A*AA predictions for a level, for the 'politics' course be competitive- or are my gcses too low. the standard offers are AAA for a level.
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Economics
Other universities you're applying for: Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Bath
GCSE grades: 9999999A*AA
Predicted A-level grades: A*A*A*A (for Mathematics, Economics, Chemistry & Further Mathematics respectively) + A* for Economics-based EPQ
Home country: Brunei
Original post by cole1000s
I just wanted to ask- will having 7A* and 3A's at GCSE, and A*AA predictions for a level, for the 'politics' course be competitive- or are my gcses too low. the standard offers are AAA for a level.

GCSE grades are not the most important bit, my friend failed maths but still got accepted by politics - plus your GCSEs are really strong so you shouldn't worry. As for A-level, as far as I know, if your predictions meet the standard offer then everyone's on the same playing field - I've seen too many ppl got accepted with 3A predictions and many got rejected with 4A*. Absolutely focus on your personal statement.
What sorta stuff should i include in a PS for accounting and finance?
Original post by Blahblahmulp
What sorta stuff should i include in a PS for accounting and finance?

Specific topics/books... does anyone have an example to see structure??

Also, i got 5A* 4A and a B for GCSE B in Additional Math
And my predicted grades are A* A A
Am i competitive enough?

I have work experience working in accounting and Mcdonalds
I'm a Home Student
Part of my school's economics society and i have been part of my boroughs Youth parliament
Reply 55
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Data Science
Other universities you're applying for: Bristol, UCL, Warwick, Exeter
GCSE grades: N/A (did not take GCSE's, came to the UK for A-Level)
Predicted A-level grades: A*A*A*A* (Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics)
Home country: Hong Kong
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Econ
Other universities you're applying for: UCL, Warwick,
GCSE grades: N/A
Predicted grades: 41 IB with 7,7,7 in Math,Chem and Lit HL and 9 AP's at 5
Home country: USA
Is anyone applying for international history?
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Economics
Other universities you're applying for: Cambridge, UCL, Warwick
GCSE grades: 99999998887 A in Additional Maths
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Econ, French (A*A*A*A*)
Home country - UK national
Original post by LeapingLucy
Hello and welcome to the official LSE undergraduate applicants thread for the 2020-21 academic year!

If you're thinking of applying to LSE this autumn, then introduce yourself! Reply with...

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE
Other universities you're applying for
GCSE grades
Predicted A-level grades & subjects
Home country

I'm Lucy, and I'm the forum helper for the LSE subsection on TSR - I'm just coming to the end of my third and final year at LSE studying Politics and History, so if you have any questions about applying to LSE, my course, or the university in general, feel free to ask. Just please don't ask me what your chances are of getting in, as I simply don't know.

Hi!

Course: Politics and International Relations
other unis: Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh, maybe bath/warwick
GCSEs: 7 A*s, one B
Predicts: A*AA
Home country: its complicated LOL but UK, doing school abroad

Latest

Trending

Trending