The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here applied for Accounting and Finance? I am submitting my UCAS next week. My predicted grades are:

A* Chemistry
A Maths
D3 Chinese Mandarin (non-native)

I am also applying to Warwick, Durham, Leeds and Loughborough.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by LeapingLucy
Hello and welcome to the official LSE undergraduate applicants thread for the 2020-21 academic year!

Offer/rejection tracker

If you've had an offer or rejection, and you're comfortable sharing, please fill out this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7c9kXHSQHxgKdPFpofQ_F5hs-qGRnKVA6LO20-MlThWNtPA/viewform?usp=sf_link

And to see the offers/rejections so far, click here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-w0zAQZcvE_wZ-rM1fm8ZdBoomK_Pg8uU4xNxQufDxM/edit

Thank you to @LElizabeth02 for setting up the spreadsheet 😊

If you're thinking of applying to LSE this autumn, then introduce yourself! Reply with...

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE
Other universities you're applying for
GCSE grades
Predicted A-level grades & subjects
Home country

I'm Lucy, and I'm the forum helper for the LSE subsection on TSR - I've just finished my third and final year at LSE studying Politics and History, so if you have any questions about applying to LSE, my course, or the university in general, feel free to ask. Just please don't ask me what your chances are of getting in, as I simply don't know.

So Lucy do you know roughly when offers start to come in?
Original post by BobaFett2308
Anyone here applied for Accounting and Finance? I am submitting my UCAS next week. My predicted grades are:

A* Chemistry
A Maths
D3 Chinese Mandarin (non-native)

I am also applying to Warwick, Durham, Leeds and Loughborough.

Hey! I've also applied for Accounting and Finance as an international student! I applied to Warwick, Leeds, Bristol, Glasgow and of course LSE. Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous
So Lucy do you know roughly when offers start to come in?

In previous years, a tiny number of people have received offers in mid-December, just before LSE closes for Christmas.

But the vast majority of offers come between January and March.

A lot of people who applied in late Sept/early Oct will be waiting six months, until the end of March. LSE makes decisions right up until the 31st March deadline.
Hi, guys! I am applying MSc in Global Health Policy st LSE! I've got id on Nov.19th, but I didn't get any emails from LSE since 19th. Nov. I wonder is there anyone who apply global health policy OR international health policy, cuz I think we can support each other in the following days to wait for respond from LSE. Thank you!
Management
UCL (pending), KCL (x2) (pending), City University of London (cass) (offer AAA//ABB)
A*98888777776
A*AA. French, Maths, Economics respectively + EPQ
IT/SP UK student
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey guys. I got rejected today for Accounting and Finance Bsc. I had predicted AAA in Maths, Chemistry and Economics. It’s strange how I’ve already heard back from them, as I was expecting to in January. I have also applied to do Economics with Economic History there. Apparently tho if you apply to two courses at LSE, and they want you, they accept you in one course, and reject you in the other. Does anyone know if this is true? Obviously I am NOT counting on this.
Original post by jameshenderson1
Hey guys. I got rejected today for Accounting and Finance Bsc. I had predicted AAA in Maths, Chemistry and Economics. It’s strange how I’ve already heard back from them, as I was expecting to in January. I have also applied to do Economics with Economic History there. Apparently tho if you apply to two courses at LSE, and they want you, they accept you in one course, and reject you in the other. Does anyone know if this is true? Obviously I am NOT counting on this.

This is somewhat true.... if you apply to two or more courses, they’ll read your personal state,met and see which course you’ve applied to is more relevant to your personal statement, and will only ever consider you for that course. It’s not a matter of how likely your are to receive an offer, just the theme of ur ps
Original post by skittle.s
I applied on 11/10 and I’ve also applied to Birmingham(offer received), Warwick for PPL (offer received), Sussex and Southampton. Wbu?

I've applied for PP at LSE, Edinburgh and Bristol and PPE at KCL and Exeter. Really want LSE as when I visited the campus in February I really liked it.
Original post by Áilill
Hey, have also applied to phil/pol, sent out my app on Oct 12. Was recently rejected from Oxford ppe but that was probably cos they could tell I wasnt interested at all in econ. Desperately hoping to get into lse though....

I was going to apply for Oxford PPE but I don't have maths A level and also am not that interested in econ so I ended up going for KCL for PPE instead bc their course is less econ heavy. Fingers crossed we both get offers :smile:
how important is ur ps for lse on a scale 1-10 10 being v important
Original post by sahar101111
how important is ur ps for lse on a scale 1-10 10 being v important

like 10. Nearly everyone who applies to LSE has stellar grades so ps is one of the main differentiators.
Reply 592
Do u think Lse looks more at gcse grades or ps
Original post by xaxaxd
Do u think Lse looks more at gcse grades or ps

Both - it’s impossible to say which is more important.

Both are reasons that people get rejected.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, guys! I am applying MSc in Global Health Policy st LSE! I've got id on Nov.19th, but I didn't get any emails from LSE since 19th. Nov. I wonder is there anyone who apply global health policy OR international health policy, cuz I think we can support each other in the following days to wait for respond from LSE. Thank you!

Hey! This is the undergraduate applicant thread.

The postgraduate thread is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6654952
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE Law
Other universities you're applying for Cam (interviewed) UCL Warwick Bristol (offered)
GCSE grades (one-year iGCSE) 99888A
Predicted A-level grades & subjects Maths Economics History Chinese + EPQ A*A*A*A* + A
Home country China
Original post by Jessieeeeeeeeee
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE Law
Other universities you're applying for Cam (interviewed) UCL Warwick Bristol (offered)
GCSE grades (one-year iGCSE) 99888A
Predicted A-level grades & subjects Maths Economics History Chinese + EPQ A*A*A*A* + A
Home country China

ahhh tsingua?
Reply 597
Guyss how Competitive is maths with econ
Original post by xaxaxd
Guyss how Competitive is maths with econ

nearly everything at lse is competitive. maths w econ has around 25-30% offer rate I think.
Original post by LeapingLucy
Hello and welcome to the official LSE undergraduate applicants thread for the 2020-21 academic year!

Offer/rejection tracker

If you've had an offer or rejection, and you're comfortable sharing, please fill out this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7c9kXHSQHxgKdPFpofQ_F5hs-qGRnKVA6LO20-MlThWNtPA/viewform?usp=sf_link

And to see the offers/rejections so far, click here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-w0zAQZcvE_wZ-rM1fm8ZdBoomK_Pg8uU4xNxQufDxM/edit

Thank you to @LElizabeth02 for setting up the spreadsheet 😊

If you're thinking of applying to LSE this autumn, then introduce yourself! Reply with...

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE
Other universities you're applying for
GCSE grades
Predicted A-level grades & subjects
Home country

I'm Lucy, and I'm the forum helper for the LSE subsection on TSR - I've just finished my third and final year at LSE studying Politics and History, so if you have any questions about applying to LSE, my course, or the university in general, feel free to ask. Just please don't ask me what your chances are of getting in, as I simply don't know.

Please check the spreadsheet to upload offers. There’s people uploading nonsense like pig breeding. Hope you manage to keep these people out. Same thing happened in the Oxford spreadsheet and they have taken some steps to stop it I believe. Thank you.

Latest

Trending

Trending