Wasim Tahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Well you see guys im kinda a failure so far im in college well not currently because of the lockdown. But the point is my course was plumbing lvl 1 but i want to change it to a 5 gcse course which is basically retake 5 gcses and passing and judging by the lvl 1 course you can tell ive failed all subject in my gcse and in the future i want to be a detective mainly in homocide ive done many research on this and will need to study for a bachelors degree also a bit of army training will help but it is not needed do you guys think that i should do the 5 gcse course in gonna study harder than i did before in the past i was mainly disrupted due to the society I was in and friends i was with also i was a very sleepy child i could say idk why whereas this could be the wacky hormones of a 16 year old (me btw ) 🤷*♂️ But ye I please i will need your suggestions mainly from what id call nerds but other very smart, intellectual, gifted people i ve allready made a timetable for my 5 gcse courses 2 of em being english and maths which is compulsory and the other 3 combined science which counts as 2 and citizenship science btw i did not pick these course as that is 1 side effect of doing this course freely
s.ko_4
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, I think you should retake your GCSEs. From my experience at researching courses, most universities want a pass in your GCSEs to even think about accepting you, and I have never seen a requirement for your level 1 course. Point is, I think GCSEs are more relevant to your career path, and showing you did a variety of subjects at GCSE rather than 1 course is better.
But again, this is just my opinion, do whatever you think is right.
Good luck, I believe in you xx
ayumie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I believe retaking your GCSEs would be a great idea, and be very beneficial. It's unlikely to be given access to a Bachelors without any GCSEs.
strawberryleaves
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Wow a homicide detective is very different to a plumber! But you can definitely do it.

I would be mindful; check what university requirements are if you're planning on attaining a bachelors and also you're likely to need A-levels/level 3 equivalent too (like a diploma or BTEC) to get into uni. Starting with GCSEs though, 5 or 6 is a really good bet and I'd really recommend you go ahead and do those, don't worry about "being older" than everyone else or feeling like you're lagging behind, believe me I'm in a similar boat and the fact is there's no time limit on education, just guidelines on when you 'should' sit exams or 'should' have qualifications. It's all rubbish. You do it when you're ready. I wasn't ready at fourteen to begin studying for GCSEs and perhaps you weren't either and that's ok. What matters is now. DO THOSE EXAMS and so many doors will open! Well done for having the motivation to turn things around in such a dark time. I hope everything goes good for you and that you can be off solving crimes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed