ella.raffu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi All,I would like to start studying interior design;I saw online that the BAID is relatively cheap and offers a two years programme for you to get an HND and then if you want to further your studies (what i want to do) you can study one more year and get a degree.The problem is that online I don't see many reviews.Did anybody get their degree there? Is it legit?(The reasons why I am looking into online universities is because I have a full time job, and living by myself, doesn't allow me to have a huge budget for my uni choices)
emilhob
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I’m actually looking at BAID and thinking of doing a similar thing, did you come to any conclusion with this?
Taylordesign
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilhob)
Hey, I’m actually looking at BAID and thinking of doing a similar thing, did you come to any conclusion with this?
Hi guys

Same boat! I am in talks with BAID at the moment and waiting for some responses. My choice was between KLC and BAID, yet BAID is in the lead due to the extortionate cost of KLC. I would be studying online and BAID offers the flexibility to start studies whenever, whereas KLC you must wait until the full time course starts before your able to enrol on the BA(Hons).

The BA(Hons) from BAID is a new course for them...previously it was the HND that was the highest qualification they offered. But now they have teamed up with the University of Chester which is good. I think the BA(Hons) takes about 4-5 years online, the HND takes about 2/3 years...

I have read on here somewhere that they are not accredited, which isn't true, the courses are BTECs and a full Bachelor of Arts from the Uni of Chester...thats a pretty solid accreditation, the BA(Hons) is the same level as the KLC BA(Hons), just with a slightly different topic structure. You are able to register with the IIDA as a student member also. You get a student ID card which gives you discount on various trade shows etc too....and the tutors are all working in the industry as well...

I would say that the reviews I have read and been a mixed bag....which initially put me off completely...bad reviews about tutors not getting back to students fast enough, and assignments being rejected again and again...but then I have read some amazing reviews. Most reviews are a few years old before the degree program, so I'm not sure if there's been any new reviews. I would mostly put the bad reviews to people enrolling without really understanding how difficult the course is when studying at home...I made the decision mainly on cost, as everything is pretty similar to KLC apart from the prestige...
Last edited by Taylordesign; 1 year ago
robyntill19
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,I'm currently looking into options for an online based Interior Design Degree and came across your post - did you manage to come to a decision on which school to go with and do you have any feedback on the decision you made? I'd be really interested to know, as i'm also considering all the points you've raised and the BAID cost option is far more favourable, but I want to make sure its worth the time/investment still?Thanks,Robyn
Savagesmalls
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Don’t touch them. It’s a very badly run course with lots of disgruntled students out there. It’s a waste of money and precious time. Steer clear.
diarys
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Half way through the course. I already have a degree in interior design but i finished a while ago and just thought of joining just to revise what I`ve learned as its been a while . Its extremely discouraging when your work is being rejected several times and tutors changes all the time. A lot of my colleagues gave up half way through the course due to lack of support and im thinking to do the same now. If you can`t manage to finish the course in these 3 years, you have to pay extra to extend the time frame. Such a waste of money!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads