The Student Room Group

Masters degrees in (environment/renewable engineering)

Basically I'm going to finish second year in EEE in 2-3 weeks and I'm thinking of doing a part time masters preferably distance learning over 2+ years. I want it to be energy/power related as that's what I want to work in the future.
I've narrowed down to a few places I would like to apply to:
Cranfield
Strathclyde
Bath
Imperial
And a few others
Basically I don't want it to be chemical based like too heavy on water and more about energy, so hydroelectric power would be good.
I'm really not sure where I should apply and where its good for scholarships and flexible with distance learning modules.
Thanks for helping me figure it out
OGGUS :biggrin:
Firstly If you want to get into power/electrical side of it I think it would be better to do a masters in electrical power systems they mostly cover renewable energy. You are limiting your career choices by going straight into renewable energy. Other option would be you actually getting a job with your EEE degree in this sector and then ask for your employer to cover your MSc.

Also, as far as I know Imperial does not offer part time mode for the courses that you mentioned otherwise it would be the best choice. There are not too many MSc programmes in UK with criteria you want and it seems that University of Strathclyde's Sustainable Engineering: Renewable Energy Systems & the Environment (MSc) is your best option. They are very strong in power and electrical engineering but I have no experience with them.

Try to look at online masters from reputable universities abroad and see what is their criteria for funding.
Reply 2
Original post by Phrasing
Firstly If you want to get into power/electrical side of it I think it would be better to do a masters in electrical power systems they mostly cover renewable energy. You are limiting your career choices by going straight into renewable energy. Other option would be you actually getting a job with your EEE degree in this sector and then ask for your employer to cover your MSc.

Also, as far as I know Imperial does not offer part time mode for the courses that you mentioned otherwise it would be the best choice. There are not too many MSc programmes in UK with criteria you want and it seems that University of Strathclyde's Sustainable Engineering: Renewable Energy Systems & the Environment (MSc) is your best option. They are very strong in power and electrical engineering but I have no experience with them.

Try to look at online masters from reputable universities abroad and see what is their criteria for funding.

oh okay, thank you I will take that into account.

Quick Reply

Latest