The Student Room Group

Does absence make the heart grow fonder?

Has absence made your heart grow fonder for your other half?

Or has it got boring over lockdown?

Scroll to see replies

I've definitely missed my boyfriend and wish I could see him. lockdown had made me realise how much he means to me and that I want to spend as much time with him. I am bored of just staying in the house though and have cried a few times (each day) because I miss all my mates and my boyfriend and family and want things to go back to normal.
Reply 2
Original post by heyyy123456
I've definitely missed my boyfriend and wish I could see him. lockdown had made me realise how much he means to me and that I want to spend as much time with him. I am bored of just staying in the house though and have cried a few times (each day) because I miss all my mates and my boyfriend and family and want things to go back to normal.

Yeah I think for most people it’s made them appreciate their others half’s more and their friends.

A few of my friends have found the conversation monotonous though.
Lol lonely me has no one
Reply 4
Original post by Greywolftwo
Lol lonely me has no one

I’m sure ur going to find someone, it makes the wait all the more worth it.
some of my mates have drifted so we aren't as close but I still message them each day when I can to make sure they are doing ok. I facetime my family and friends who live further away and haven't seen since way before lockdown
Original post by Anonymous
I’m sure ur going to find someone, it makes the wait all the more worth it.

That wait will probably be a lifelong wait
Reply 7

Change your internal dialogue about that, open yourself up for love by being open and knowing it’ll come 🌹
Reply 8
some of my mates have drifted so we aren't as close but I still message them each day when I can to make sure they are doing ok. I facetime my family and friends who live further away and haven't seen since way before lockdown

I hope my friends don’t drift from me but it seems romantic relationships have become the priority
Change your internal dialogue about that, open yourself up for love by being open and knowing it’ll come 🌹

I’m open but I go unnoticed

I've seen you post stuff like this several times over the past few days.

Stop it.

You're not even 20, you will definitely meet a lot of people, especially once you start Uni :smile:
I’m open but I go unnoticed

It happens a lot, especially at a young age. It’s painful but it’ll lead to something good when you start to meet new people
Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM
I've seen you post stuff like this several times over the past few days.

Stop it.

You're not even 20, you will definitely meet a lot of people, especially once you start Uni :smile:

That is if I even go to uni

update: he broke up with me after 6 months...

hope you are alright hun, you've got this, stay strong <3
hope you are alright hun, you've got this, stay strong <3

honestly, I'm not really and kinda feel lost.
honestly, I'm not really and kinda feel lost.

I'm really sorry, all I can say is that although it hurts like hell now, give it time and things will start to feel better. Remember you are your own person, prioritise self-care and doing stuff which makes you feel good about yourself- essentially you don't need a guy to define who you are. Try and keep your chin up, you'll learn and grow from this, everything happens for a reason <3

Sorry about that, why did he do that?

If it’s any consolation it looks like I’m headed that way too
Sorry about that, why did he do that?

If it’s any consolation it looks like I’m headed that way too

he said he wanted to be single and he lost feelings. the worst part is my 2 younger sisters who absolutely love him keep asking if he can come round after quarantine and I cant answer.
I also now stupidly messed up by panicking about how long lockdown may go on for and whether it is realistic to keep a relationship going. I didn't say I wanted to end things, I just overthought everything but they took it that I wanted to end it. Now they are barely speaking to me and I don't know how to salvage it. It was stupid of me to say anything, but now it feels like I am being punished for stating the obvious and I just wish I could take everything I said back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending