The Student Room Group

I really don't wanna get PERMANTLY EXCLUDED!!!

I'm 15 (yr10) and have been pretty much a bad kid since the start of year 7. I have had 2 failed manage moves and multiple external exclusions. However i was diagnosed pretty much late (yr9ish) with ADHD this stopped my school from permantly excluding me and taking me back.However just before the pandemic i got into trouble at school and they was going to permantly exclude but the covid-19 saved my life!! My parents have been in touch with my social worker and doctor and they're saying i shouldn't be since my school hasn't helped me in terms of sen needs, I'm also still in queue to get my EHC plan. What should i do/parents do we're really worried.
Reply 1
After Lockdown is over and whenever schools open again, if your school is still threatening expulsion, your parents can just go to the school for a meeting. Tell your teachers wat the doctors have sed etc.

If they don’t listen. I’m sure you have legal basis to take them to court if u want to
Original post by biggieofficial
I'm 15 (yr10) and have been pretty much a bad kid since the start of year 7. I have had 2 failed manage moves and multiple external exclusions. However i was diagnosed pretty much late (yr9ish) with ADHD this stopped my school from permantly excluding me and taking me back.However just before the pandemic i got into trouble at school and they was going to permantly exclude but the covid-19 saved my life!! My parents have been in touch with my social worker and doctor and they're saying i shouldn't be since my school hasn't helped me in terms of sen needs, I'm also still in queue to get my EHC plan. What should i do/parents do we're really worried.

The most like solution, and best for the school at which you are currently disrupting the learning of others, is to send you to a PRU. After two failed managed moves, it's the most likely outcome for you.
Original post by Reality Check
The most like solution, and best for the school at which you are currently disrupting the learning of others, is to send you to a PRU. After two failed managed moves, it's the most likely outcome for you.

yeah but since I'm in queue for a care plan and i have recently upped my dose of Concerta (adhd med) can't they say like how to help me not do that?
I mostly get in trouble outside of lessons as well like play times. I'm also aware of a PRU but the thing is I'm actually a really good academic student predicted 7's for my subjects.
Original post by Rxma
After Lockdown is over and whenever schools open again, if your school is still threatening expulsion, your parents can just go to the school for a meeting. Tell your teachers wat the doctors have sed etc.

If they don’t listen. I’m sure you have legal basis to take them to court if u want to

Thanks, My parents are trying to do this already they've contacted my social worker and doctor but when they email the school they are giving purposely slow replies. But yeah technically they mistreated me with adhd so ill speak to mum for after the pandemic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending