The Student Room Group

PhD/DBA - Heriot-Watt; BCU; LSBU; Middlesex

Dear all,I want to apply for a distance learning PhD/DBA in Economics/Finance and I don't really know if rankings still matters on this level.What are your opinions about it? I think it is more about your supervisor and your work and not about the university? My dissertation depends on how hard I work on it.. But I still need an opinion. I don't want to waste my time on a program, that nobody recognizes. Would be hard if someone says it's not even worth calling it an university...Thanks!
Original post by sedah_
Dear all,I want to apply for a distance learning PhD/DBA in Economics/Finance and I don't really know if rankings still matters on this level.What are your opinions about it? I think it is more about your supervisor and your work and not about the university? My dissertation depends on how hard I work on it.. But I still need an opinion. I don't want to waste my time on a program, that nobody recognizes. Would be hard if someone says it's not even worth calling it an university...Thanks!

Hi,
Middlesex is great university which can provide you excellent facilities for studying. Our tutors at Middlesex are really supportive and students are priority for them. Also our graduates work is recognised and you will easily find a job after graduation. At Middlesex we have the MDX Work- it’s an employability service, free of charge for the students, where you can book and appointment or just pop in and ask for help with your CV, cover letter, finding a job, internship or a placement. I used their help several times and they are very helpful. They helped me to improve my CV and prepared me for interview.

You can explore our campus here, during virtual tour: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/virtual-tour Middlesex is about 10 minutes far away from Hendon Central station, where Northern Line works. You can also take a bus which will take you straight up to university. Our campus is new and modern.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to contact me. I wish you all the best with your application, Alex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending