The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Questions about Sheffield

I went to the applicant day in March but have a few questions
Is Sheffield uni diverse in terms of UK students? I know there are a few international students. When I went to the applicant day, it wasn't really diverse at all (90% white)

Also I am quite quiet and introverted, is Sheffield the right uni for me, considering it is known for its nightlife?
Original post by Anonymous
I went to the applicant day in March but have a few questions
Is Sheffield uni diverse in terms of UK students? I know there are a few international students. When I went to the applicant day, it wasn't really diverse at all (90% white)

Also I am quite quiet and introverted, is Sheffield the right uni for me, considering it is known for its nightlife?

About 25% is international.
Do you mean diverse in terms of BAME or class or regions?
Sheffield has a great social life, but theres also a lot going on for all sorts of interests hence having one of if not the best SU in the country.
Its not as sunny and leafy as Exeter, Bath or Durham, bu then its right next to the Peak district and about 20-30 mins away from countryside.
Maybe you should id some of the quieter accommodation and also id what your interests might be?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
About 25% is international.
Do you mean diverse in terms of BAME or class or regions?
Sheffield has a great social life, but theres also a lot going on for all sorts of interests hence having one of if not the best SU in the country.
Its not as sunny and leafy as Exeter, Bath or Durham, bu then its right next to the Peak district and about 20-30 mins away from countryside.
Maybe you should id some of the quieter accommodation and also id what your interests might be?

How many clubs are there, and do they have frequent events?
Original post by charlifr
How many clubs are there, and do they have frequent events?

https://yoursu.sheffield.ac.uk/groups

Allegedly 300+
Some are more active than others, but overall the uni is known for its active SU and they put a lot of effort in.
Its up to you also to make an effort to go along and stick with groups as people get to know each other and not be put off after a few visits, especially if you have social anxiety. They will all put on events for freshers at the beginning and you can work out which ones you wish to try.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending