The Student Room Group

Mum won’t forgive me

Last night was a late dinner so before she cooked it I had a few snacks. She cooks chapatti which normally takes a bit of time to get made so I went to my room to wait after I had the snacks and it was ready a few minutes later. I started eating the chapatti then a few minutes in I got full and also I don’t like chapatti so I didn’t want to have it so I tried to go back up to my room but my mum dragged me back by the ear. I was trying to explain I’m full but she slapped me and forced me to eat it so I had to and I kept saying I’m full but she said it’s my fault for eating the snacks before. She was forcing me to eat it more and I said I’m full again then she kept slapping me so I had no choice but to eat it so I did. I had a few bites and threw up then my mum started lashing out at me attacking me saying it’s my fault for eating snacks and she won’t forgive me for wasting “gods food”. I was just full and I don’t like chapatti but my doesn’t let me have anything else like a frozen pizza or a takeaway.

When I went out with my friends to town last summer, I told my mum that I got kfc and she lashed out with me again and she still doesn’t forgive me to this day for that. She doesn’t let me have anything else accept chapatti and even at college she told my teacher to make sure I eat her chapatti that she puts in foil for me.

Going back to last night I was sick because I was full so she lashed out and wouldn’t forgive me. She was just shouting at me saying my fault for eating snacks and kept saying that and she’ll never forgive me. I just still don’t feel 100% from yesterday and I feel bad about wasting the food then also getting KFC in summer, I just was hungry and my friends were getting it. I admit I shouldn’t have but I thought it’s only a 1 off but now I have that which she won’t forgive me about and last night as well so she won’t give me another chance. I kept begging her crying with sick all over me for her to forgive me but she kept slapping me so I had to just accept it. I didn’t sleep last night because I was just upset about it. I just have been feeling so guilty about the kfc and yesterday night. I felt bad on the way home from the kfc and my friends said chill out why would my mum lash out at me for having it. Its not religious, it’s just my mum said it’s unhealthy so I shouldn’t have it ever.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Last night was a late dinner so before she cooked it I had a few snacks. She cooks chapatti which normally takes a bit of time to get made so I went to my room to wait after I had the snacks and it was ready a few minutes later. I started eating the chapatti then a few minutes in I got full and also I don’t like chapatti so I didn’t want to have it so I tried to go back up to my room but my mum dragged me back by the ear. I was trying to explain I’m full but she slapped me and forced me to eat it so I had to and I kept saying I’m full but she said it’s my fault for eating the snacks before. She was forcing me to eat it more and I said I’m full again then she kept slapping me so I had no choice but to eat it so I did. I had a few bites and threw up then my mum started lashing out at me attacking me saying it’s my fault for eating snacks and she won’t forgive me for wasting “gods food”. I was just full and I don’t like chapatti but my doesn’t let me have anything else like a frozen pizza or a takeaway.

When I went out with my friends to town last summer, I told my mum that I got kfc and she lashed out with me again and she still doesn’t forgive me to this day for that. She doesn’t let me have anything else accept chapatti and even at college she told my teacher to make sure I eat her chapatti that she puts in foil for me.

Going back to last night I was sick because I was full so she lashed out and wouldn’t forgive me. She was just shouting at me saying my fault for eating snacks and kept saying that and she’ll never forgive me. I just still don’t feel 100% from yesterday and I feel bad about wasting the food then also getting KFC in summer, I just was hungry and my friends were getting it. I admit I shouldn’t have but I thought it’s only a 1 off but now I have that which she won’t forgive me about and last night as well so she won’t give me another chance. I kept begging her crying with sick all over me for her to forgive me but she kept slapping me so I had to just accept it. I didn’t sleep last night because I was just upset about it. I just have been feeling so guilty about the kfc and yesterday night. I felt bad on the way home from the kfc and my friends said chill out why would my mum lash out at me for having it. Its not religious, it’s just my mum said it’s unhealthy so I shouldn’t have it ever.

Anyone?
Reply 2

Come on at least someone

All this over some KFC and chapatti?
Reply 4
Sorry you didnt get any responses.
I think thats abuse, just slapping you repeatedly and forcing you to eat something just for her own benefit.

I feel like you need to talk about this to someone because she is just being downright abusive over a chapatti, wtf. Live your life, you can eat whatever you want - Im pretty sure she has eaten something unhealthy in her life which is quite hypocritical of her.

Have you ever tried talking to her about it? And have you searched up whether chapatti is good or not for your health?
Reply 5
Original post by ayyyy.x
All this over some KFC and chapatti?

Yes she always nags me on how unhealthy takeaways are and how healthy chapatti is and everything
Reply 6
And its technically her fault for reacting like that and forcing you to eat chapatti, smh. And also, why is she behaving so petty over a chapatti? saying she wont forgive you etc. If shes gonna be like that, just give her space and distance yourself from her. Holding a grudge genuinely messes someone up and makes them unhappy.
She shouldn’t react like that. Sounds abusive to me
Yes she always nags me on how unhealthy takeaways are and how healthy chapatti is and everything

Tell her to get off her high horse. If you like takeaways then you like takeaways. It doesn't mean you don't like the food that she makes.
Reply 9
Original post by SMEGGGY
She's ****ing mental. Shove the chapatti up her ****. 2020 and still these backward ethnics don't change

I threw up in her new kitchen though
Original post by ayyyy.x
Tell her to get off her high horse. If you like takeaways then you like takeaways. It doesn't mean you don't like the food that she makes.

It’s not that easy in this house
It’s not that easy in this house

Or be fake and endure her food. Stop eating takeaways for a while.
Original post by Yas7297
And its technically her fault for reacting like that and forcing you to eat chapatti, smh. And also, why is she behaving so petty over a chapatti? saying she wont forgive you etc. If shes gonna be like that, just give her space and distance yourself from her. Holding a grudge genuinely messes someone up and makes them unhappy.

It’s because I’m wasting food, she keeps saying it’s “gods food” that I’m wasting there.

I try to avoid her as much as possible but she comes near me and shouts at me when I’m just minding my own business.
chapatti with what?
Original post by ayyyy.x
Or be fake and endure her food. Stop eating takeaways for a while.

I haven’t ate one since summer 2019
Your mom seems downright abusive. I don't understand how anyone can force-feed their child because they're full? And the KFC thing just seems so petty to hold a grudge against. I wouldn't talk to her for a while if I were you.
I haven’t ate one since summer 2019

Sounds dumb. Your mum is either insecure or she is letting it on
Original post by ayyyy.x
Sounds dumb. Your mum is either insecure or she is letting it on

I think she was just brought up in an abusive background
You have an abusive parent who doesn't love you.

I don't know how else to put it. I like to be blunt and honest. We grow up on this Disney view of the world where everyone has 2 parents that love them, live in a nice spacious house, and if you're a good person you get rewarded by lovely coincidences. It's not real life for most though.
(edited 3 years ago)
I think she was just brought up in an abusive background

That makes sense but it still shouldn't be an excuse. Try talking to her and getting her to understand. Sometimes talking to your mum and explaining things helps so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending