Bad gcses, Application for uni?

Watch this thread
6ambz
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So my gcses are 7s in English lit, health and social and maths, 6 in English language, 5s in all three sciences and 4 in geography and business. I’d like to study law at uni my predicted grades are AAA hopefully I’d like to get higher in year 13 and I study a level English lit, history and economics. Do you think I have a chance at any Russel group university? Due to my bad gcse grades I’m doubting whether I’d get a position or not? So what do you guys think? Thanks
Miss Scarlett
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Depends who else you are competing against and the strength of your personal statement.
Possibly this
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I see no major issues with your GCSEs tbh. Oxford, LSE and one or two other places may not be on the cards for you but you have a shot at many competitive unis, it depends far more on what's to come for you rather than what has already been.
6ambz
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Possibly this yeah I understand thanks for the hope!!!
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Your GCSE's are not bad and most universities dont really care about GCSE's anyway. You have good grades in the 2 key subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (85)
19.36%
The paper was reasonable (167)
38.04%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
26.88%
It was TERRIBLE (69)
15.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise