Madi2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hii is there anyone who can tell me if going to be the only girl studying an Aviation Management BSC at coventry uni? It seems like a course that mostly male's do! I just want to know as i have been given a offer but I am quite uncertain about going next year and doing this course, im not sure if it is worthy of a degree? Can someone plz help me out
agataf90
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Madi2)
Hii is there anyone who can tell me if going to be the only girl studying an Aviation Management BSC at coventry uni? It seems like a course that mostly male's do! I just want to know as i have been given a offer but I am quite uncertain about going next year and doing this course, im not sure if it is worthy of a degree? Can someone plz help me out
Hi! Don't worry, I'm a girl too and I have a conditional offer for Aviation Management at CU

Is there any Student Ambassador who is currently studying this course? I have some questions!
Madi2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by agataf90)
Hi! Don't worry, I'm a girl too and I have a conditional offer for Aviation Management at CU
Is there any Student Ambassador who is currently studying this course? I have some questions!
Oooh thats great to hear, are you from England or abbroad?
agataf90
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Madi2)
Oooh thats great to hear, are you from England or abbroad?
Well, I'm from Poland, but I've been living in the UK for more than 4 years
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Madi2)
Hi Madi,

Congratulations on your offer! It is pretty much 50:50 when it comes to gender balance, I'm sure you will be able to find friends! Whilst I am not an Aviation Management student myself, some of my friends graduated from this course and they were extremely satisfied with the content, quality of teaching and opportunities. There were many options to do a placement, that is a year-long paid internship in the industry, and in the past students completed theirs in Tui, DHL or even Lufthansa! From what I know, there are many guest lectures and field trips, including one to the USA.

If you are passionate about aviation, the course is great for meeting like-minded individuals and developing your knowledge and interests!

I hope you find it helpful, please let me know if you have any further questions about the course or the University itself.

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hi Agata,

It is lovely to hear from you, congratulations on your offer!

Whilst I am not an Aviation Management student, my friend has kindly offered to share her experiences with me and help me with answering your questions. As such, please feel free to ask any questions you have and I and other student ambassadors will do our best in replying.

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Madi2)
Hey there,

I think I responded to your message before in another thread but I can't seem to find the thread to send you the link, but I'm happy to share what I wrote.

A course that you're interested in is worth it. Studying a male-dominated course doesn't matter as long as you're interested and you're able to work because you want to. From the way I see it, as a female, it's empowering of you to do study something like Aviation Management as it helps to set an example to future female students and also helps to break the glass ceiling to remind us that females can be leaders in a male-dominated industry.
If anything, you're able to make friends and meet many new people on your course! You should be proud of yourself for being in the position that you're in! I imagine the number of female applicants are only going to improve in the coming years!

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, let us know.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
agataf90
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors)
Hi Agata,

Whilst I am not an Aviation Management student, my friend has kindly offered to share her experiences with me and help me with answering your questions. As such, please feel free to ask any questions you have and I and other student ambassadors will do our best in replying.

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Thank you!

My questions are:

1. Do you know if lecturers will change/adjust their programme/course modules considering the new reality of aviation industry caused by COVID-19? I'd like to be taught about what is/will be relevant in the future rather than studying about something what is not a case anymore due to the changed circumstances, if you know what I mean :hmmmm:

2. Any idea if there will be 100% online teaching during the first semester? Or maybe a mix of online and face to face? How it was during the last weeks - are aviation management students happy with the quality of online teaching?

Many thanks in advance for answers!
agataf90
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Agata,

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Thank you!

My questions are:

1. Do you know if lecturers will change/adjust their programme/course modules considering the new reality of aviation industry caused by COVID-19? I'd like to be taught about what is/will be relevant in the future rather than studying about something what is not a case anymore due to the changed circumstances, if you know what I mean :hmmmm:

2. Any idea if there will be 100% online teaching during the first semester? Or maybe a mix of online and face to face? How it was during the last weeks - are aviation management students happy with the quality of online teaching?

Any chance for getting answers for above questions soon? I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks :confused:
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!

My questions are:

Hello Agata,

Sorry for the short delay in getting a response from us. It is very thoughtful of you to consider how your course will adapt to our current reality which as you rightly pointed out is that COVID-19 will have a permanent impact on our world which will result in a drastic change in every business industry.

Aviation management at Coventry university is designed to prepare students for current industry requirements, whilst acknowledging its dynamic nature. The core teaching team consists of an internationally diverse and experienced team of industry practitioners and academics who seek to reflect the contemporary global context of the industry in the modules taught. At such it is highly likely that your course will be varied accordingly in order to be parallel with the current global demands and relevant future trends.

On your second question, it is impossible to say with certainty the method of teaching that will be adapted for your first semester in September. The university will continue to take into account updates and new measures from the Government, and so it will be best to assess your question at a timeframe closer to the start of your course. I hope this helps

Theophila Akpenyi-Hilary, LLB Law, Coventry University Campus.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Any chance for getting answers for above questions soon? I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks :confused:
Hi Agata,

Apologies for a delay.

Further to what Theo has said, whilst it is very hard to say how the first semester will look like please rest assured that the University does everything it can to provide you with the same experience you would get under the normal circumstances. We are recognised by Guardian as one of the few UK Universities having a capacity to provide a good-level online education and we are constantly updating and working on our IT tools.

I hope you find it reassuring.

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
agataf90
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello Agata,

Sorry for the short delay in getting a response from us. It is very thoughtful of you to consider how your course will adapt to our current reality which as you rightly pointed out is that COVID-19 will have a permanent impact on our world which will result in a drastic change in every business industry.

Aviation management at Coventry university is designed to prepare students for current industry requirements, whilst acknowledging its dynamic nature. The core teaching team consists of an internationally diverse and experienced team of industry practitioners and academics who seek to reflect the contemporary global context of the industry in the modules taught. At such it is highly likely that your course will be varied accordingly in order to be parallel with the current global demands and relevant future trends.

On your second question, it is impossible to say with certainty the method of teaching that will be adapted for your first semester in September. The university will continue to take into account updates and new measures from the Government, and so it will be best to assess your question at a timeframe closer to the start of your course. I hope this helps

Theophila Akpenyi-Hilary, LLB Law, Coventry University Campus.
Hi Agata,

Apologies for a delay.

Further to what Theo has said, whilst it is very hard to say how the first semester will look like please rest assured that the University does everything it can to provide you with the same experience you would get under the normal circumstances. We are recognised by Guardian as one of the few UK Universities having a capacity to provide a good-level online education and we are constantly updating and working on our IT tools.

I hope you find it reassuring.

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Many thanks to you both for replies!
x.lion
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi!I just wanted to know what A levels should I take to be compatible for this degree , I too want to pursue a career in aviation management but I am not sure what A levels to take. Please help me out
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by x.lion)
Hi!I just wanted to know what A levels should I take to be compatible for this degree , I too want to pursue a career in aviation management but I am not sure what A levels to take. Please help me out
Hey there,

Thank you very much for your query! I hope you're doing well

In response to your message, to undertake a course such as Aviation Management, I recommend taking subjects that relate to the course in some way or similar. For instance, core subjects such as Maths, English, Chem, Physics and Geography will provide you with a strong foundation as Aviation Management can be quite sciency and maths based and this will encourage the theoretical side of your learning. Also, a combination of those subjects will definitely help cover the groundings in first year with the topics covered. Furthermore, Social Science such as Psychology may be an acceptable course as this department will enable you to understand behaviour change and how professionalism and communication relate to Aviation Management.

I hope this clarifies things for you and help you to decide what to do next! Remember: choose subjects you enjoy or that you're good at as this will make it easier when it comes to studying and motivation.

If you have any more questions, let us know!

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition
x.lion
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there,

Thank you very much for your query! I hope you're doing well

In response to your message, to undertake a course such as Aviation Management, I recommend taking subjects that relate to the course in some way or similar. For instance, core subjects such as Maths, English, Chem, Physics and Geography will provide you with a strong foundation as Aviation Management can be quite sciency and maths based and this will encourage the theoretical side of your learning. Also, a combination of those subjects will definitely help cover the groundings in first year with the topics covered. Furthermore, Social Science such as Psychology may be an acceptable course as this department will enable you to understand behaviour change and how professionalism and communication relate to Aviation Management.

I hope this clarifies things for you and help you to decide what to do next! Remember: choose subjects you enjoy or that you're good at as this will make it easier when it comes to studying and motivation.

If you have any more questions, let us know!

Veronica
Thank you for your reply!
I was wondering if Business as an A- level would be beneficial, I am interested in it. I plan on taking Maths and Geography but the thought is that is it critical to take a science?, I have taken Physics for gcse level but I dont have a talent for it and I dont think so I would be able to carry it for A levels. So the question is
1. Is it important to take a science because my grades are only average
2. Is business suitable, would it be considered a soft subject ?
3. Is a modern foreign language ( French ) better than geography
Thanks
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for your reply!
I was wondering if Business as an A- level would be beneficial, I am interested in it. I plan on taking Maths and Geography but the thought is that is it critical to take a science?, I have taken Physics for gcse level but I dont have a talent for it and I dont think so I would be able to carry it for A levels. So the question is
1. Is it important to take a science because my grades are only average
2. Is business suitable, would it be considered a soft subject ?
3. Is a modern foreign language ( French ) better than geography
Thanks
Hey!

Thank you for your message and for responding!

To answer your questions:

Is it important to take a science because my grades are only average?
No. It's not important. Although, taking a science may be useful but only if you're interested in taking a science and you have the motivation to study the subject!

Is business suitable, would it be considered a soft subject?
Yes! Taking Business would definitely be useful as it's a skill that's widely recognised and no, it wouldn't be considered a soft subject.

Is a modern foreign language ( French ) better than geography?
There isn't a right or wrong answer to this question as taking either would be beneficial. Both have its own perks. For instance, if you're looking to travel abroad, French would be useful and Geography would help with the foundations of Aviation Management.

Along with your course, you'll have the opportunity to take an advantage module where you get to choose a module (doesn't have to be related to your course) and you're enable to enhance your knowledge and skill; helping you to increase your chance of employability! So, if you decide not to take French at A-Level you can choose to revisit French at Uni. There are also opportunities at Uni for you to learn a language every semester and students get a discount.

I also managed to get in touch with a few people who are currently studying Aviation Management and A-level courses they took were Languages, Business, Humanities and Science.

I hope this answers your questions!

Have a lovely weekend

Veronica
x.lion
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey!

Thank you for your message and for responding!

To answer your questions:

Is it important to take a science because my grades are only average?
No. It's not important. Although, taking a science may be useful but only if you're interested in taking a science and you have the motivation to study the subject!

Is business suitable, would it be considered a soft subject?
Yes! Taking Business would definitely be useful as it's a skill that's widely recognised and no, it wouldn't be considered a soft subject.

Is a modern foreign language ( French ) better than geography?
There isn't a right or wrong answer to this question as taking either would be beneficial. Both have its own perks. For instance, if you're looking to travel abroad, French would be useful and Geography would help with the foundations of Aviation Management.

Along with your course, you'll have the opportunity to take an advantage module where you get to choose a module (doesn't have to be related to your course) and you're enable to enhance your knowledge and skill; helping you to increase your chance of employability! So, if you decide not to take French at A-Level you can choose to revisit French at Uni. There are also opportunities at Uni for you to learn a language every semester and students get a discount.

I also managed to get in touch with a few people who are currently studying Aviation Management and A-level courses they took were Languages, Business, Humanities and Science.

I hope this answers your questions!

Have a lovely weekend

Veronica
Thank you so much Veronica! , you have made my life a lot easier, I have stressing and contemplating a lot and it's lovely and soothing to hear your response. I have decided to take English , Math , Geography and Business, because I have genuine interest and passion in these subjects. I was wondering if English would do me any good, so it would be amazing if you can tell me if it's worth the time and effort, otherwise I feel all set
Thank you again so so much
Have a good day!
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much Veronica! , you have made my life a lot easier, I have stressing and contemplating a lot and it's lovely and soothing to hear your response. I have decided to take English , Math , Geography and Business, because I have genuine interest and passion in these subjects. I was wondering if English would do me any good, so it would be amazing if you can tell me if it's worth the time and effort, otherwise I feel all set
Thank you again so so much
Have a good day!
Hey,

I'm happy to hear such enthusiasm from you!

In response to your question, taking English would not be a problem! As long as you enjoy and have a passion for it, do it! English can be useful when it comes to assignments, may aid with any presentations and anything related to comprehension and understanding.

Have a lovely day x.lion!

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
x.lion
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello!
I am planning to take Math
I was wondering if you could tell me whether I should take ' statistics ' or ' mechanics ' , I don't know anyone around my circle who applied for this course so if it's alright, could you get in touch with the lecturer or current students and help out on which one to choose.
Thanks a bunch.
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello!
I am planning to take Math
I was wondering if you could tell me whether I should take ' statistics ' or ' mechanics ' , I don't know anyone around my circle who applied for this course so if it's alright, could you get in touch with the lecturer or current students and help out on which one to choose.
Thanks a bunch.
Hey there,

I'm happy to hear you're interested in taking Math.

For Aviation Management, it wouldn't really matter which topic you choose as there isn't a set yes or no answer to your question. Both have their uses and applicability. For instance, Statistics allow you to determine the effectiveness of your job when you look at the growth rate, traffic systems, tracks in accidents, incidents, or other events that occur and Mechanics wills at the mechanical aspects; the functions, tools, and designs, etc. However, if you feel you're better at one than the other then opt for that. Don't focus too much on what is required as you may lose your enthusiasm for studying that area.

I hope this helps! Have a lovely day

Veronica
BSc Dietetics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (182)
43.96%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (48)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.97%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (87)
21.01%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (41)
9.9%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.56%

Watched Threads