Books to compare Brave New World with for English Lit coursework

Watch
username5269788
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Last edited by username5269788; 1 year ago
estellewarner
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A.E.W.60)
For my coursework im looking to possibly explore how my two authors explore the idea of a ''Utopia'', im torn between Utopia by Thomas Moore, Notes from the Underground by Dostoyevsky (Comparing the two main characters experiences), news from nowhere etc As you can see im pretty stuck and unsure

Any help would be greatly appreciated
What about The Handmaid's Tale? I studied this one for my coursework with The Color Purple. I know Gilead, the society THT centres around, is not viewed as a utopia by the main character or many of the females in the novel but the characters of a high status treat it as if it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (68)
32.85%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
28.02%
No (54)
26.09%
I'm not sure (27)
13.04%

Watched Threads