The Student Room Group

Some guy just smiled at me.

Hey.

I know this is probably a pointless thread but i'm just really happy at the mo. Was just getting petrol and some guy was walking by looking at me smiling then I started smiling then he smiled more then I was like proper grinning and blushing.

God it gives you such a buzz don't you think? It's made me feel well good about myself. I thought I looked minging, after just finishing work! I mean, i've got a wonderful bf who I love to pieces and wouldn't wanna lose but that does make me miss single life sometimes. All that flirting etc. However I never got any of that flirting and stuff when I was single, only get it now i'm with someone, I think cos i'm alot more confident when i'm in a relationship.

Does that make anyone else feel happy and buzzing when a guy or girl smiles at you or something?

Karen xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
To be honest, i love it when a girl checks me out. I make sure my mates notice when they do too.
I get beeped at by workies in vans. It pisses me off.

But when a customer is being nice to you at work, or just asks how your day is, it makes it so much better.

So I know what you mean :smile:
Reply 3
Oh, this wasn't what I thought it was about.

I generally like friendly smiles, and I try to smile at some people if I'm walking down the street or am being served at checkouts or something. Being smiled at makes my day, but not in the omg-he's-cute context, just in a friendliness context.
Smiling is lovely, when it's from anyone. Customers at work, young, old, male, female, fat, thin, black, white etc. Who cares. A smile is infectious :biggrin:

As long as it isn't a dodgy smile, like one that a weird creepy man would give. They aren't so nice :p:
Reply 5
Definitely! x
Reply 6
randomgirl
Smiling is lovely, when it's from anyone. Customers at work, young, old, male, female, fat, thin, black, white etc. Who cares. A smile is infectious :biggrin:

As long as it isn't a dodgy smile, like one that a weird creepy man would give. They aren't so nice :p:

i know what you mean.

i got a smile by an old man the other day, when i smilled back he got up from the bench and asked me "why are you so beautiful" i found it quite funny but sweet but didnt know how to react so i just laughed and carried on walking :p:
Reply 7
:biggrin: A smile can make anybody's day!
I know what you mean, a guy smiled at me in the supermarket today and I had had a crap morning at work. Made me all happy inside :biggrin:
Reply 9
Veni_vidi
i know what you mean.

i got a smile by an old man the other day, when i smilled back he got up from the bench and asked me "why are you so beautiful" i found it quite funny but sweet but didnt know how to react so i just laughed and carried on walking :p:

Lol. Maybe he was drunk...

On a more serious note: Why are you so beautiful? :p:
Reply 10
Yeah i love it :smile: as long as they're not labourers beeping and shouting out their vans or old enough to be my grandad
Reply 11

Lol. If anyone smiled at me, I would think 'why are they smiling?' I'd most likely take it negatively than positively. It'd just make me feel WORSE!
It rarely happens to me.

Although my friends say that when I do smile back, I look like the cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland and I look mischievous, which probably scares people and pigeons off.
Reply 13
*HullaBaLoO*
It rarely happens to me.

Although my friends say that when I do smile back, I look like the cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland and I look mischievous, which probably scares people and pigeons off.

I too look mischievous, and I apparently have an evil laugh. But I think that's just cool. Yes, I am a wierd person.
How very un-British of him :s-smilie:
I'm going to smile at people more often.

It'll probably end badly...Oh I can see it now...
Reply 16
Depends who's smiling. :wink:
Reply 17
sparkle86
Hey.

I know this is probably a pointless thread but i'm just really happy at the mo. Was just getting petrol and some guy was walking by looking at me smiling then I started smiling then he smiled more then I was like proper grinning and blushing.

God it gives you such a buzz don't you think? It's made me feel well good about myself. I thought I looked minging, after just finishing work! I mean, i've got a wonderful bf who I love to pieces and wouldn't wanna lose but that does make me miss single life sometimes. All that flirting etc. However I never got any of that flirting and stuff when I was single, only get it now i'm with someone, I think cos i'm alot more confident when i'm in a relationship.

Does that make anyone else feel happy and buzzing when a guy or girl smiles at you or something?

Karen xx

To be honest with you this entire post just discredited the validity of your relationship with your boyfriend :rolleyes: Good going
Reply 18
MJ84
To be honest, i love it when a girl checks me out. I make sure my mates notice when they do too.

Isnt making m8s jealous the best thing in the world? :biggrin:
Reply 19
Sk1lLz
Lol. Maybe he was drunk...

On a more serious note: Why are you so beautiful? :p:

Drunk at 9am? could be possible

answer: its all in the smile :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending