Help me decide student accommodation!

Watch
jdsgirlfriend28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, so the uni I want to go too is an hours train ride away. I'm unsure what to do in regards to accommodation.

-Stay at home, carry on with work till second year
-Move for first year, work in summer (tesco or elsewhere)
-Move for first year, come home for weekend work
-take lifestyle break in August till November, then come home for work

¬I will have to quit sometime in second year because of term abroad and work placement in third year
Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Move to uni and find a summer job there or most courses end April/May anyway so you could always go back home after that and work at home during summer.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jdsgirlfriend28)
I don't understand what you with this option...
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jdsgirlfriend28)
Hey, so the uni I want to go too is an hours train ride away. I'm unsure what to do in regards to accommodation.

-Stay at home, carry on with work till second year
-Move for first year, work in summer (tesco or elsewhere)
-Move for first year, come home for weekend work

¬I will have to quit sometime in second year because of term abroad and work placement in third year
Hey jdsgirlfriend28!

When I moved to uni I quit my previous job after working all summer to save up money for uni.
I was then able to return to the job over Christmas and Easter but I found a different job for the summer, would this be something you are able to do?
I also found work through the uni which is a great idea as it fits around your studies and gives you a bit of extra money if you need it, so I'd recommend trying to get a job through the uni.

During second year I found a job near where I live at uni, but I have still secured another summer job so I can save for the next academic year.

I'd suggest moving to uni, and getting a summer job, and if you can find part-time work to fit around your studies whilst at uni then take this too!

I hope this helps you!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads