The Student Room Group

student finance help please

Hi, when do I need to apply for Student Finance by? Also, I currently do not have a bank account and need to open one for it but due to coronavirus I cannot yet... will the deadline be extended? Probably a stupid question but should it be a student account you open for it?
Original post by Utd4life0101
Hi, when do I need to apply for Student Finance by? Also, I currently do not have a bank account and need to open one for it but due to coronavirus I cannot yet... will the deadline be extended? Probably a stupid question but should it be a student account you open for it?

Hi there, we advise new applicants to apply by the 22/05 to receive funding on time. You can apply without a bank account, a lot of students add or update bank details after August once they receive a student bank account.

The deadline won't be extended as you can still apply after 22/05.
Thanks, Isaac.
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, we advise new applicants to apply by the 22/05 to receive funding on time. You can apply without a bank account, a lot of students add or update bank details after August once they receive a student bank account.

The deadline won't be extended as you can still apply after 22/05.
Thanks, Isaac.

Thanks for your help Isaac! I am struggling to find the student finance forms (my parents prefer me to print all the forms out and post it), if you could send me the link to where they are I would be grateful :smile:
Thanks for your help Isaac! I am struggling to find the student finance forms (my parents prefer me to print all the forms out and post it), if you could send me the link to where they are I would be grateful :smile:

You're welcome :smile: - you can view all forms here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/
Thanks, Isaac.
Original post by SFE Isaac
You're welcome :smile: - you can view all forms here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/
Thanks, Isaac.

Thank you once again! Also, this may be a stupid question but can I print the forms in black and white and fill them then send?
Thank you once again! Also, this may be a stupid question but can I print the forms in black and white and fill them then send?

Yes that is fine.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending