University College Cork (UCC)

Watch this thread
tarund20
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello! I am hoping to attend UCC for Medicine this fall (September). Anyone else planning to attend UCC?
Glitterbear
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I am but not sure on accommodation
LuísTA
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I did my Erasmus in UCC last semester and I love it
tarund20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Glitterbear)
I am but not sure on accommodation
Hey! Where are you from? What's your major? I'm trying to find other students online. Did you try applying for accommodation? They have a website
LuísTA
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Are you thinking to stay in the college accommodation, like Victoria's or Castle White's apartments? I may say I liked very much the management and they promptly give back the money for the months I didn't use due to Covid-19 pandemic (Castle White is particularly close to the university and Mar****, the university gym).
tarund20
Rep:
(Original post by LuísTA)
Are you thinking to stay in the college accommodation, like Victoria's or Castle White's apartments? I may say I liked very much the management and they promptly give back the money for the months I didn't use due to Covid-19 pandemic (Castle White is particularly close to the university and Mar****, the university gym).
I have already paid the deposit for victoria mills! I'll be staying there for the year. Also are you currently a UCC student or are you new?
LuísTA
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tarund20)
I have already paid the deposit for victoria mills! I'll be staying there for the year. Also are you currently a UCC student or are you new?
I am finishing my Erasmus project at UCC (since February), and I stayed at Castle White. It is definitely a very friendly and active university, and the city centre is beautiful and has everything that you may need as a student. Also, the university has plenty of societies that I recommend you to see and try (if you like any).
Victoria Mills is a great place! I am sure you will enjoy it

I also enjoyed the teaching (the professors I had were fantastic, always captivating and present), though I had classes on Campus and not online. Regarding the students, UCC has one of the best student environments that I have ever know; and a great library.
Last edited by LuísTA; 1 year ago
tarund20
Rep:
(Original post by LuísTA)
I am finishing my Erasmus project at UCC (since February), and I stayed at Castle White. It is definitely a very friendly and active university, and the city centre is beautiful and has everything that you may need as a student. Also, the university has plenty of societies that I recommend you to see and try (if you like any).
Victoria Mills is a great place! I am sure you will enjoy it

I also enjoyed the teaching (the professors I had were fantastic, always captivating and present), though I had classes on Campus and not online. Regarding the students, UCC has one of the best student environments that I have ever know; and a great library.
This makes me even more excited than I already was! Thank you for sharing this info
Glitterbear
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’m from Derry and don’t have accommodation yet hoping to apply when cao offers come out
tarund20
Rep:
I’m from Derry and don’t have accommodation yet hoping to apply when cao offers come out
Ahh alright, let me know if you get in

I’ve been trying to get to know first years like me who’re attending University College Cork. Do you know any others who’ve applied?
CMellon03
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Also from Derry and searching for a single room from September when starting my Masters.

Any idea of the rough costs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads