If you had a re-do

Watch
This discussion is closed.
sammyj97
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If you had to go back in time and re-choose your A-level choices or degree choice, would you pick the same choices again or different? If different, what would you change to?

I’d have changed my A-level choices to the “hard/core” sciences. I feel like it would have opened up a lot more doors and potential career choices for me.
Last edited by sammyj97; 1 year ago
vicvic38
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I'd have taken up History as a 5th A Level. I did Maths, Further Maths, English, and Physics. Maths and FM were quite closely related so it wouldn't be like taking on a 5th traditional A Level. I like history. I might have chosen to do it at Uni, but idk, might still have chosen maths.

(ETA: I don't want to be that guy but, if A Levels hadn't been over sold to me in how difficult they were, I would have enjoyed taking a fifth. I found A Levels easy, mainly because I enjoyed what I did, so the subjects where I actually had to put work in (Lit mainly) were not a chore. At GCSE they told us "A levels are really tough" "A Levels are really hard" "you only do 3 because you won't have time for 4", but I found A Levels easy enough, even if I did have to put a modicum of work in. Now my Degree, that is mentally taxing, but A Levels? Nah. Does anyone else feel that way?)
Last edited by vicvic38; 1 year ago
JoshDarnIt_
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm quite happy with my current degree choice, but I would definitely go back and change one of my A-Levels, said A-Level being Product Design to Business
Okayrue
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by sammyj97)
If you had to go back in time and re-choose your A-level choices or degree choice, would you pick the same choices again or different? If different, what would you change to?

I’d have changed my A-level choices to the “hard/core” sciences. I feel like it would have opened up a lot more doors and potential career choices for me.
Well, this is about gcse and Nat 5s, but
DONT TAKE ART!!!! It’s useless and time consuming, not worth even half the amount of effort.
yup, that about sums it up.
SpannersVC
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I focused on languages and did a Modern Language degree. Its useless. I’ve got a really good and well paid job now but it’s nothing to do with the degree. To get the job I would really love to have I needed to do something developing more quantitative skills.
UneBellePatience
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 months ago

I think my a-level choices are my biggest regret tbh. I did geography, english and philosophy. I used to love geography so much, but in a-level i started to regret taking 3 subjects where there was just alot of writing. I have always been very creative and loved graphic design, art and computer science - i wish i had taken at least one of them and a language to balance out the subjects i chose. Though i am very happy with my degree and my university, i always imagine what life would be like if i did things differently. I would have maybe even chosen architecture if i took a creative subject, which was my original dream when i was younger. I would have probably not lost motivation in year 13 and got better grades too, so that i could go to my first choice uni (only because it meant i could live away from home)
Last edited by UneBellePatience; 8 months ago
thomasdao
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 months ago

If its just if
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I know this thread is old but I would exchange physics for biology
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (30)
24%
Note taking apps (3)
2.4%
Flashcards (22)
17.6%
Revision guides (5)
4%
Past papers (60)
48%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
4%

Watched Threads