sammyj97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
If you had to go back in time and re-choose your A-level choices or degree choice, would you pick the same choices again or different? If different, what would you change to?

I’d have changed my A-level choices to the “hard/core” sciences. I feel like it would have opened up a lot more doors and potential career choices for me.
Last edited by sammyj97; 6 months ago
vicvic38
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'd have taken up History as a 5th A Level. I did Maths, Further Maths, English, and Physics. Maths and FM were quite closely related so it wouldn't be like taking on a 5th traditional A Level. I like history. I might have chosen to do it at Uni, but idk, might still have chosen maths.

(ETA: I don't want to be that guy but, if A Levels hadn't been over sold to me in how difficult they were, I would have enjoyed taking a fifth. I found A Levels easy, mainly because I enjoyed what I did, so the subjects where I actually had to put work in (Lit mainly) were not a chore. At GCSE they told us "A levels are really tough" "A Levels are really hard" "you only do 3 because you won't have time for 4", but I found A Levels easy enough, even if I did have to put a modicum of work in. Now my Degree, that is mentally taxing, but A Levels? Nah. Does anyone else feel that way?)
Last edited by vicvic38; 6 months ago
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm quite happy with my current degree choice, but I would definitely go back and change one of my A-Levels, said A-Level being Product Design to Business
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads