lemonsqueezer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Have interviews for both but there's not much out there for either really in terms of quality or acceptance rates etc. Both tend to be accepted by an equal amount of unis though and I've heard a decent amount of people get offers from both.

Just wondering if anyone has any input or first-hand experience of what it's like on either of the courses?

Thanks very much!
Last edited by lemonsqueezer; 5 months ago
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Paulington - this something you know anything about?
Paulington
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Access courses vary by who administers them, there are a few different companies that do so and I am not sure who administers AtM courses at Lambeth/C&I.

In general however, although Access courses are pretty highly regarded it is highly university specific. Some universities only accept Access courses taken at specific places, for example Keele only accepts from specific colleges and it must be Access to Medicine.

My suggestion would be that either is fine (I believe they are both Medicine/Medical Biosciences) however the #1 thing you need to do is think about where you are going to apply to medicine and ensure they both accept Access courses and accept them from Lambeth/C&I.

Think "where will I go?", pick a few unis and check whether they accept those specific courses (may need to dig into their entry requirements or email them) and go with whichever course is accepted most by the ones you want to do and think you'll have the best time doing. Access courses are not easy, so you'll need to have a good time doing it!

Hope that helps, and thanks Ganfyd!
KimCW
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone have experience with either the CandI or Lambeth College? What swung your vote?
I have enrolment for both in a few days, and as neither of them have been that communicative during lockdown (Lambeth just ghosted me on every platform until they sent me a date to enrol) so it's hard to get a sense of their support and the course. Can anyone send me a syllabus from either?
Wanting to apply for medicine.
Thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads