The Student Room Group

Being bisexual in a straight relationship

I've only been in relationships with guys but, am attracted to girls (Yet haven't had sex with a girl). My current boyfriend knows I am bi and we've been together over a year now. I keep having thoughts and feelings about not being true to myself and wanting to try and have some intimacy with women but am deeply in love with him. I am very confused and stressed about who I am and what my feelings mean. Any help or guidance will be much appreciated
(edited 3 years ago)
Unless you're in a polygamous relationship, you're probably likely to feel like you're not true to yourself, but there is no need to worry like that. If you are having feelings for both men and women, you are most assuredly still bi, no matter what people try to tell you. If you feel that your feelings for women are becoming a barrier for you and your boyfriend, maybe explore the possibility of a polygamous or open relationship. If you are 'out' to him and he has no issue with that, then I assume you are in a position to discuss serious matters with him. However, you should NOT feel that you are being unfaithful, as long as you maintain communication with him, and you do not cheat.

Tl;dr, you sound like you are still bi, but you can identify however you see fit. Either way, you are still valid whatever you choose to identify as.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending