Turn on thread page Beta

September Pay watch

Announcements

I've seen a Govt document that states classroom teaches will be on £28000 pa minimum after 5 years
    teaching and also some gossip that the main scale changes. I'm on Point 9 and somebody told me I'll
    be on something called M6 from September.Does that mean my pay will be heading north! Or is it more
    hoops or just a re-announcement of old money?

Any details?

Phil Wilson

--
    [email protected]

In article <[email protected]> , Phil Wilson <[email protected]> writes:

[q1]>I've seen a Govt document that states classroom teaches will be on £28000 pa minimum after 5 years[/q1]
    [q1]>teaching and also some gossip that the main scale changes. I'm on Point 9 and somebody told me I'll[/q1]
    [q1]>be on something called M6 from September.Does that mean my pay will be heading north! Or is it more[/q1]
    [q1]>hoops or just a re-announcement of old money?[/q1]

They lied, again. Teachers are on a minimum of £25,746 per annum after 5 years of teaching - point
    M6. (M probably for Management, as you'll have to manage the teaching of a load of assistants while
    you do the paperwork and then take the fall for poor teaching later on).

If you apply for and go through threshold, your pay will be £27,894. Still not £28,000 minimum.

It's just spin. If you don't get through threshold, then it's moot. If you don't apply, it's moot.
    The max you can earn as a regular classroom teacher, without the stress of 8 hours of paperwork and
    begging for more money, is £25,756 in September 2002.

----------------------------------------------------
    Sandi

Remove NoSpam to reply.

Check out the pay scales on www.nasuwt.org.uk

"Phil Wilson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> I've seen a Govt document that states classroom teaches will be on £28000 pa minimum after 5 years[/q1]
    [q1]> teaching and also some gossip that the main scale changes. I'm on Point 9 and somebody told me[/q1]
    [q1]> I'll be on something called M6 from September.Does that mean my pay will be heading north! Or is[/q1]
    [q1]> it more hoops or just a re-announcement of old money?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Any details?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Phil Wilson[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> --[/q1]
    [q1]> [email protected][/q1]

If you are already on the top of the scale then the new scale won't make a difference - see
    www.tes.co.uk for details, it makes a difference for us current NQTs instead of going onto Point 3
    next year we will jump to the old point 4, thus gaining payrise of approx £2000 rather than approx
    £1000 and we will be able to pass the threshold sooner - whoopie !!!!!

Jo

Jo L wrote:

we will be able to pass the threshold sooner - whoopie !!!!!
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> We'd be better off with Jean-Luc passing through a 'wormhold'!!!!!!!![/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Hi SLieber24,

On 23 May 2002 05:18:55 GMT, in uk.education.teachers SLieber24 put fingers to keyboard and tapped
    away writing...

Message ID:- <[email protected] b-mk.aol.com>

[q1]> In article <[email protected]> , Phil Wilson <[email protected]> writes:[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> >I've seen a Govt document that states classroom teaches will be on £28000 pa minimum after 5[/q2]
    [q2]> >years teaching and also some gossip that the main scale changes. I'm on Point 9 and somebody told[/q2]
    [q2]> >me I'll be on something called M6 from September.Does that mean my pay will be heading north! Or[/q2]
    [q2]> >is it more hoops or just a re-announcement of old money?[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> They lied, again. Teachers are on a minimum of £25,746 per annum after 5 years of teaching - point[/q1]
    [q1]> M6. (M probably for Management, as you'll have to manage the teaching of a load of assistants[/q1]
    [q1]> while you do the paperwork and then take the fall for poor teaching later on).[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> If you apply for and go through threshold, your pay will be £27,894. Still not £28,000 minimum.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> It's just spin. If you don't get through threshold, then it's moot. If you don't apply, it's moot.[/q1]
    [q1]> The max you can earn as a regular classroom teacher, without the stress of 8 hours of paperwork[/q1]
    [q1]> and begging for more money, is £25,756 in September 2002.[/q1]

London weighting?

Recruitment and retention points?

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> ----------------------------------------------------[/q1]
    [q1]> Sandi[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Remove NoSpam to reply.[/q1]

Best wishes, Ace

==============================

Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide, Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit To his
    full height. On, on, you noblest English.

Hi SLieber24,

On 24 May 2002 05:16:37 GMT, in uk.education.teachers SLieber24 put fingers to keyboard and tapped
    away writing...

Message ID:- <[email protected] b-fl.aol.com>

[q1]> In article <sgnqeusnfr4mqkr5fov8u3ukrq83tfg [email protected]>, *Ace*[/q1]
    [q1]> <[email protected]'t.btinterne t.com> writes:[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> > If you apply for and go through threshold, your pay will be £27,894. Still not[/q2]
    [q2]> >> £28,000 minimum.[/q2]
    [q2]> >>[/q2]
    [q2]> >> It's just spin. If you don't get through threshold, then it's moot. If you don't apply, it's[/q2]
    [q2]> >> moot. The max you can earn as a regular classroom[/q2]
    [q2]> >teacher,[/q2]
    [q2]> >> without the stress of 8 hours of paperwork and begging for more money, is £25,756 in September[/q2]
    [q2]> >> 2002.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >London weighting?[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >Recruitment and retention points?[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> None of that counts. Not all areas have that pay and not all schools award recruitment and[/q1]
    [q1]> retention. The question was on the top pay a standard classroom teacher can make. Without[/q1]
    [q1]> threshold or anything else, the top pay is £25,756 in September 2002.[/q1]

I don't have management points and haven't applied for threshold assessment, but I'm paid more
    than £25,756.

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Let's get real, eh?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Sandi[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Best wishes, Ace

Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide, Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit To his

Hi SLieber24,

On 24 May 2002 21:23:52 GMT, in uk.education.teachers SLieber24 put fingers to keyboard and tapped
    away writing...

Message ID:- <[email protected] b-mo.aol.com>

[q1]> In article <kg4teuk48kgdbj50n3u353rjo3a0m5f [email protected]>, *Ace*[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> > None of that counts. Not all areas have that pay and not all schools award[/q2]
    [q2]> >> recruitment and retention. The question was on the top pay a standard[/q2]
    [q2]> >classroom[/q2]
    [q2]> >> teacher can make. Without threshold or anything else, the top pay is[/q2]
    [q2]> >£25,756 in[/q2]
    [q2]> >> September 2002.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >I don't have management points and haven't applied for threshold assessment, but I'm paid more[/q2]
    [q2]> >than £25,756.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> The base max pay is 27,756. Like it or not, that's what it is.[/q1]

Not in London it ain't.

[q1]> Whatever deal you have with your school is your business. Don't assume - it makes an...well, if[/q1]
    [q1]> you don't know the phrase...[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Sandi[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Best wishes, Ace

Hi SLieber24,

On 24 May 2002 22:54:03 GMT, in uk.education.teachers SLieber24 put fingers to keyboard and tapped
    away writing...

Message ID:- <[email protected] b-fl.aol.com>

[q1]> In article <n6fteus5kcgormplmsull72rq59e0bd [email protected]>, *Ace*[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> >> The base max pay is 27,756. Like it or not, that's what it is.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >Not in London it ain't.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Even in London. All else are "extras" - they may be an entitlement, but they are not spine[/q1]
    [q1]> point pay.[/q1]

I suggest you look back in this thread at what you originally stated:

"They lied, again. Teachers are on a minimum of £25,746 per annum after 5 years of teaching - point
    M6. (M probably for Management, as you'll have to manage the teaching of a load of assistants while

If you apply for and go through threshold, your pay will be £27,894. Still not £28,000 minimum.

It's just spin. If you don't get through threshold, then it's moot. If you don't apply, it's moot.
    The max you can earn as a regular classroom teacher, without the stress of 8 hours of paperwork and
    begging for more money, is £25,756 in September 2002."

Clearly that is not true for teachers in London, teachers who receive a R&R allowance or teachers in
    special schools.

Perhaps you should try admitting your errors rather than try to twist the original question.

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Sandi[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Best wishes, Ace

Hi SLieber24,

On 25 May 2002 12:15:25 GMT, in uk.education.teachers SLieber24 put fingers to keyboard and tapped
    away writing...

Message ID:- <[email protected] b-ms.aol.com>

[q1]> In article <9slueukb8bh7grben80c9j2m9mfatis [email protected]>, *Ace*[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> >> Even in London. All else are "extras" - they may be an entitlement, but[/q2]
    [q2]> >they[/q2]
    [q2]> >> are not spine point pay.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >I suggest you look back in this thread at what you originally stated:[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >"They lied, again. Teachers are on a minimum of £25,746 per annum after 5 years of teaching -[/q2]
    [q2]> >point M6. (M probably for Management, as you'll have to manage the teaching of a load of[/q2]
    [q2]> >assistants while you do the paperwork and then take the fall for poor teaching later on).[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >If you apply for and go through threshold, your pay will be £27,894. Still not £28,000 minimum.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >It's just spin. If you don't get through threshold, then it's moot. If you don't apply, it's[/q2]
    [q2]> >moot. The max you can earn as a regular classroom teacher, without the stress of 8 hours of[/q2]
    [q2]> >paperwork and begging for more money, is £25,756 in September 2002."[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >Clearly that is not true for teachers in London, teachers who receive a R&R allowance or teachers[/q2]
    [q2]> >in special schools.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >Perhaps you should try admitting your errors rather than try to twist the original question.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> I suggest you look at the original question, which had to do with the most a teacher can make on[/q1]
    [q1]> the spine points. My answer stands.[/q1]

Phil wrote:

"I've seen a Govt document that states classroom teaches will be on £28000 pa minimum after 5 years
    teaching and also some gossip that the main scale changes. I'm on Point 9 and somebody told me I'll
    be on something called M6 from September.Does that mean my pay will be heading north! Or is it more
    hoops or just a re-announcement of old money?"

You replied:

"They lied, again. Teachers are on a minimum of £25,746 per annum after 5 years of teaching - point

begging for more money, is £25,756 in September 2002."

I correctly pointed out that what you wrote was not true for teachers who work in London or those
    who receive a R&R allowance.

You then tried to worm out of admitting you were wrong by trying to redefine the question.

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Sandi[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Best wishes, Ace

Hi Phil Wilson,

On Sun, 26 May 2002 09:33:53 +0000 (GMT), in uk.education.teachers Phil Wilson put fingers to
    keyboard and tapped away writing...

Message ID:- <[email protected]>

[q1]> I think Sandi HAS answered the question correctly -classroom teachers are not on a minimum of[/q1]
    [q1]> £28000 as quoted in a national newspaper. It is simply those that can teach those that lie run the[/q1]
    [q1]> country.[/q1]

Do you want to re-phase that?

After five years of teaching OUTSIDE LONDON teachers are not on a minimum of £28,000 as quoted in a
    national newspaper.

Then we can draw a conclusion to Sandi's nit picky arguments.

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Phil[/q1]

Best wishes, Ace

Hi SLieber24,

On 26 May 2002 18:57:16 GMT, in uk.education.teachers SLieber24 put fingers to keyboard and tapped
    away writing...

Message ID:- <[email protected] b-da.aol.com>

[q1]> In article <l142fu0cuso93sks8scj7tq7h7b79pf [email protected]>, *Ace*[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> >> I think Sandi HAS answered the question correctly -classroom teachers are not on a minimum of[/q2]
    [q2]> >> £28000 as quoted in a national newspaper. It is simply those that can teach those that lie run[/q2]
    [q2]> >> the country.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >Do you want to re-phase that?[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Re-phrase, I think you mean?[/q1]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >After five years of teaching OUTSIDE LONDON teachers are not on a minimum of £28,000 as quoted in[/q2]
    [q2]> >a national newspaper.[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> No. Teachers within and in London fringe areas are still on a maximum of 25,746. All else are[/q1]
    [q1]> extras - and not required for you to have. It can be taken away at any time, in fact. In fact, it[/q1]
    [q1]> is - if you move outside of the bonus areas.[/q1]

The London Allowance must be paid. It makes up part of the basic pay for teachers within London.

I can partially understand you arguing that R&R is an extra, although not that people have to
    beg for it.

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> >Then we can draw a conclusion to Sandi's nit picky arguments.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]> You don't know how.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Sandi[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Best wishes, Ace

*Ace* wrote in message ...

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Do you want to re-phase that?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>After five years of teaching OUTSIDE LONDON teachers are not on a minimum of £28,000 as quoted in a[/q1]
    [q1]>national newspaper.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

I've just found an interesting teachers' pay calculator at the following address:

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/paycalc

You will need to fill in some details (I chose the name Estelle Morris and the suggested school code
    as 123/1234 and it worked fine). Anyway - try top of the scale classroom teacher!

Someone owes an unreserved apology to Sandi, I think.

Singe

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.