Official Cambridge 2020 Postgraduate OFFER HOLDERS

Watch
Yusif1312
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thought I’d set up a thread to share and discuss discuss any updates on: colleges, funding, accommodation, etc..

Let's get the ball rolling:

- Current University:
- Achieved (so far)/Expected Grade:
- Prospective Course:
- Prospective College:
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities:
- Offer conditions
Last edited by Yusif1312; 1 year ago
econ.person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! Tell us about you Yusif1312

- Current University: LSE
- Achieved (so far) and Expected Grade: First expected
- Prospective Course: MPhil Economics
- Prospective College: St Edmund's
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: Love perfumery
- Offer conditions: First overall with a 70 in final year.

No funding so far
Yusif1312
Rep:
?
Hi econ.person! Thanks for posting the first application info.

- Current University: University of Leeds (graduated)
- Achieved (so far) and Expected Grade: First (achieved), 75%
- Prospective Course: MPhil Nuclear Energy
- Prospective College: St. John's or Jesus (TBC)
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: Interested in vocals
- Offer conditions: Unconditional

Passed stage 1 of the scholarship competition. Need to pass 2 more to get full-funding (for tuition fees and living expenses)
Last edited by Yusif1312; 1 year ago
CharlotteSalf
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there!
University: University of York
Achieved Grade: 82%
Course: MPhil Health, Medicine & Society
College: Robinson College (I have a scholarship from the Cambridge Trust which is joint funded with this college)
Fun fact? I figure skate!
econ.person
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yusif1312)
Hi econ.person! Thanks for posting the first application info.

- Current University: University of Leeds (graduated)
- Achieved (so far) and Expected Grade: First (achieved), 75%
- Prospective Course: MPhil Nuclear Energy
- Prospective College: St. John's or Jesus (TBC)
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: Interested in vocals
- Offer conditions: Unconditional

Passed stage 1 of the scholarship competition. Need to pass 2 more to get full-funding (for tuition fees and living expenses)
That’s not renewable
Ben_nightingale
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello (:

- Current University: University of York
- Achieved (so far)/Expected Grade: First
- Prospective Course: MPhil Political Thought & Intellectual History
- Prospective College: Still waiting - Jesus or Sidney Sussex
- Offer conditions: Conditional, 67%
Yusif1312
Rep:
?
(Original post by econ.person)
That’s not renewable
Yes, but I believe nuclear is key to net zero. I chose Renewable Technology module in my last year and I believe renewable energy sources cannot take over the energy industry any time soon (perhaps technologies like CCS can help). They need further development, thus they need time to become practical. Instead of burning fossil fuels why not increase the share of nuclear. EU does not plan to to phase out non-renewable sources of energy at least by 2050. It can be seen in their recently published TYNDP scenario report that they plan rely heavily on CCS technologies to achieve net zero industry. I think it is unrealistic and they will not be able to meet the Paris Agreement. I hope I am wrong but honestly believe that nuclear is the only solution to ensure a smooth shift to renewables.
econ.person
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yusif1312)
Yes, but I believe nuclear is key to net zero. I chose Renewable Technology module in my last year and I believe renewable energy sources cannot take over the energy industry any time soon (perhaps technologies like CCS can help). They need further development, thus they need time to become practical. Instead of burning fossil fuels why not increase the share of nuclear. EU does not plan to to phase out non-renewable sources of energy at least by 2050. It can be seen in their recently published TYNDP scenario report that they plan rely heavily on CCS technologies to achieve net zero industry. I think it is unrealistic and they will not be able to meet the Paris Agreement. I hope I am wrong but honestly believe that nuclear is the only solution to ensure a smooth shift to renewables.
Ah I was just joking with you. I’m familiar with the benefits of nuclear energy over others. I appreciate your field.

Though I hated physics A-level when I was in school so maybe I don’t appreciate it fully 😂
Yusif1312
Rep:
?
(Original post by econ.person)
Ah I was just joking with you. I’m familiar with the benefits of nuclear energy over others. I appreciate your field.

Though I hated physics A-level when I was in school so maybe I don’t appreciate it fully 😂
yes, I knew that was meant as I joke . I have found out about all that quite recently and I find it very exciting . And I enjoy sharing my findings with the people. I just saw your reply as an opportunity to talk about it lol, so thank you.
Spoiler:
Show
:awesome:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (111)
40.96%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.7%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (19)
7.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (61)
22.51%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.81%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
7.01%

Watched Threads