Ola127
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I couldn’t find any group chats relating to people starting the GDL at The City Law School this September. I recently accepted my offer from City and I thought it would be nice to start a thread to offer each other support etc, especially as we don’t know what to expect coming from non-law backgrounds (plus everything is up in the air at the moment with the virus) :/

What made you choose City compared to other universities? I also applied for The University of Law and BPP, but what most attracted me to City is its reputation and the fact that the course is very academic - I was told that with other universities, there’s a lot more of a tick-box mentality.

Let me know if there is already a group chat!
notafunnyname
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ola127)
Hi,

I couldn’t find any group chats relating to people starting the GDL at The City Law School this September. I recently accepted my offer from City and I thought it would be nice to start a thread to offer each other support etc, especially as we don’t know what to expect coming from non-law backgrounds (plus everything is up in the air at the moment with the virus) :/

What made you choose City compared to other universities? I also applied for The University of Law and BPP, but what most attracted me to City is its reputation and the fact that the course is very academic - I was told that with other universities, there’s a lot more of a tick-box mentality.

Let me know if there is already a group chat!
Hello!

I got my acceptance a while ago but I've been keen to see what will happen with our course what with coronavirus! I know we're meant to start in September but I'm not sure how likely that will be.

I actually only applied to City for my GDL. I'd heard that it's the best school to go to if you want to be a barrister and anyone I met who went there spoke highly of it - though they did say it was very intense
Ola127
Rep:
?
(Original post by notafunnyname)
Hello!

I got my acceptance a while ago but I've been keen to see what will happen with our course what with coronavirus! I know we're meant to start in September but I'm not sure how likely that will be.

I actually only applied to City for my GDL. I'd heard that it's the best school to go to if you want to be a barrister and anyone I met who went there spoke highly of it - though they did say it was very intense
Hi! I know me too, have no clue what’s going to happen - hopefully we do start in September, it’s not ideal starting the course online. Have you signed up for the postgrad virtual open evening?

Yes it is very intense and definitely the best one to go to! I have heard as well that it’s the best place to go to for barristers, because there are a lot of mooting opportunities etc

(Sorry for the late reply, literally just finished university last Friday! )
mildrew98
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello guys! I haven’t seen a group chat for 2020 City Law GDL students but I’d be happy to make one and share the link on here if that suited you? I’m keen to meet fellow students 😁 shall I make it on FB?
mildrew98
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Btw I also have an offer and intend to accept it when I know about scholarships (hopefully soon).
Ola127
Rep:
?
(Original post by mildrew98)
Hello guys! I haven’t seen a group chat for 2020 City Law GDL students but I’d be happy to make one and share the link on here if that suited you? I’m keen to meet fellow students 😁 shall I make it on FB?
Hey! That would be great, thank you 😄me too, would be lovely to chat to people on the course
EllieMartin12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there - congrats on securing a spot on the course! It is extremely competitive and very very demanding. You do not have time to make your own notes. I completed the course in 2019 with distinctions! As such, I have DISTINCTION LEVEL notes available for a very reasonable price which include in depth case analyses in chronological order, academic and legal debates and example distinction essays and problem questions solutions. If you are interested, please reply to this thread and I shall email you directly with my credentials and an example set of notes for free on a module of your choosing. Thanks
Lxb1996
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi All,Just saw this thread and I also have my place confirmed for the GDL this September- did anyone make a facebook group? If so, what’s the link?
mildrew98
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Lxb1996)
Hi All,Just saw this thread and I also have my place confirmed for the GDL this September- did anyone make a facebook group? If so, what’s the link?
Hi! Here is the Facebook Group for offer holders https://www.facebook.com/groups/213970953284133
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.25%
Uncertainty around my education (36)
10.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (38)
11.31%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.06%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.17%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (35)
10.42%
Financial worries (24)
7.14%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.46%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.25%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (9)
2.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.12%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.44%

Watched Threads