I don’t know how to revise for GCSE Spanish Vocab

Watch
Molly2006
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi I’m in year 9 and I’m struggling to revise and remember Spanish Vocab, any tips would be useful 😊
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If your examboard has a specific vocab list in their website, I suggest you base it on that. I would use quizlet as you can revise them really effectively or you could cut pieces of paper with English on one side and Spanish another and put it in a box or something and revise from that
hannahd0236
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Molly2006)
Hi I’m in year 9 and I’m struggling to revise and remember Spanish Vocab, any tips would be useful 😊
You could sign up to Duolingo. This helps to refresh any vocab you may struggle with. As well as this, you could write down the vocab you are struggling with and get someone to test you. Hope this helps.
f15es1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I find memrise is an absolute god send and prefer it to quizlet. You learn in lots of different ways on it and it tells you when you should go back on to refresh your memory of the vocab to remember it best.
Molly2006
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
If your examboard has a specific vocab list in their website, I suggest you base it on that. I would use quizlet as you can revise them really effectively or you could cut pieces of paper with English on one side and Spanish another and put it in a box or something and revise from that
Thank you I might try this
Molly2006
Rep:
?

(Original post by hannahd0236)
You could sign up to Duolingo. This helps to refresh any vocab you may struggle with. As well as this, you could write down the vocab you are struggling with and get someone to test you. Hope this helps.
Yes I’ve used duo lingo before but I didn’t find it that effective for me
Molly2006
Rep:
?
(Original post by f15es1)
I find memrise is an absolute god send and prefer it to quizlet. You learn in lots of different ways on it and it tells you when you should go back on to refresh your memory of the vocab to remember it best.
Thank you I may try this
hannahd0236
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Molly2006)

Yes I’ve used duo lingo before but I didn’t find it that effective for me
Okay, you could maybe get someone in your family to test you on the vocab you're struggling with. I suggest you should write it down and refresh your memory with it.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
In terms of vocab, quizlet is great for refreshing your memory and learning new vocab. In terms of learning new vocab, I generally find that lyricstraining is better as it forces you to use vocab that you do and don't know, as well as helping a lot with your listening exam. Everyone has a couple of words that they can just never seem to remember, so if you discover any like this I'd recommend making flashcards with a picture that goes with them.
stag16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by redmeercat)
In terms of vocab, quizlet is great for refreshing your memory and learning new vocab. In terms of learning new vocab, I generally find that lyricstraining is better as it forces you to use vocab that you do and don't know, as well as helping a lot with your listening exam. Everyone has a couple of words that they can just never seem to remember, so if you discover any like this I'd recommend making flashcards with a picture that goes with them.
Yep I use quizlet to learn all my vocab and find it super helpful! Also you could watch Spanish videos or listen to Spanish podcasts on the topic you're learning about.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by stag16)
Yep I use quizlet to learn all my vocab and find it super helpful! Also you could watch Spanish videos or listen to Spanish podcasts on the topic you're learning about.
Very true - Coffee Break Spanish is good, as is the news in slow spanish. LawlessSpanish (website) is good to reference and practice grammar as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads