Asiuolnella
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i’m in year 12 and interested in doing english at uni and was wondering which unis are the best to look at? i’m predicted AAA but it’s more likely to be AAB/AAC
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Asiuolnella)
i’m in year 12 and interested in doing english at uni and was wondering which unis are the best to look at? i’m predicted AAA but it’s more likely to be AAB/AAC
Hi Asiuolnella,

I'm an English Literature and Creative Writing student at Lancaster University.

When I was researching my own university choices, I found it really useful to look at the different modules offered on the university websites. I think the course is the most important thing to consider, and having an idea of what you would be studying is very useful.

For example, you can check out Lancaster's English Literature course modules here, or the English Language course here.

Can I ask which English you are interested in studying? English Literature (studying different texts, criticisms, interpretations, etc) or English Language (which is more focused on linguistics and the study of the language itself)?

If you have any questions about studying English at uni, I'd be happy to help!

Maria
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Asiuolnella
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi Asiuolnella,

I'm an English Literature and Creative Writing student at Lancaster University.

When I was researching my own university choices, I found it really useful to look at the different modules offered on the university websites. I think the course is the most important thing to consider, and having an idea of what you would be studying is very useful.

For example, you can check out Lancaster's English Literature course modules here, or the English Language course here.

Can I ask which English you are interested in studying? English Literature (studying different texts, criticisms, interpretations, etc) or English Language (which is more focused on linguistics and the study of the language itself)?

If you have any questions about studying English at uni, I'd be happy to help!

Maria
thankyou this is really helpful and i’m interested in studying lit
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Asiuolnella)
thankyou this is really helpful and i’m interested in studying lit
No worries!

I'm really enjoying studying English lit and I would definitely recommend it!

If you have any other questions, let me know
Maria
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (94)
27.98%
No (242)
72.02%

Watched Threads