The Student Room Group

Evidence and parents' support query

Hello, I'm originally from Italy and have recently received my settled status by the home office. I want to provide that evidence but the only official piece of information I can provide is a code generated on the government website which would allow SFE to check my status online. If I print the code and send it alongside my passport, would that be acceptable as evidence? This code expires a month after it's generated. Alternatively, if that's not acceptable, what can I provide to officially prove my status?

Additionally, my parents have been trying to support my application for the extra amount of maintenance loan. As they are going through the application, they encountered the section having to provide their National Insurance Number. Due to the fact that they are Italian nationals and reside in Italy, they don't have this and when they click on the below link stating "I don't have a National Insurance Number" it doesn't work at all. Do you know why this is the case?

Hope you can help! Thank you
Original post by ayyquebueno
Hello, I'm originally from Italy and have recently received my settled status by the home office. I want to provide that evidence but the only official piece of information I can provide is a code generated on the government website which would allow SFE to check my status online. If I print the code and send it alongside my passport, would that be acceptable as evidence? This code expires a month after it's generated. Alternatively, if that's not acceptable, what can I provide to officially prove my status?

Additionally, my parents have been trying to support my application for the extra amount of maintenance loan. As they are going through the application, they encountered the section having to provide their National Insurance Number. Due to the fact that they are Italian nationals and reside in Italy, they don't have this and when they click on the below link stating "I don't have a National Insurance Number" it doesn't work at all. Do you know why this is the case?

Hope you can help! Thank you

Hi there, EU students are unable to apply based on having settled status, only Rest of the World Nationals can apply based on having settled status.

EU Nationals need to meet the 5 year residency criteria or the Migrant Worker criteria in order to apply for SFE Funding. If parents are overseas then they are not able to support the application online, they must complete the paper PFF2 form which can be downloaded on the gov.uk website.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, EU students are unable to apply based on having settled status, only Rest of the World Nationals can apply based on having settled status.

EU Nationals need to meet the 5 year residency criteria or the Migrant Worker criteria in order to apply for SFE Funding. If parents are overseas then they are not able to support the application online, they must complete the paper PFF2 form which can be downloaded on the gov.uk website.
Thanks, Isaac.

Thank you for your reply. I already submitted the application and the evidence it's asking me for is proof of settled status, proof of date of birth and proof of identity. It's not asking me for any proof of 5 year residency at this stage. So is the evidence I mentioned above acceptable? (The code) I guess if SFE need more evidence to prove my residency in the past five years I will send that too.
Original post by ayyquebueno
Thank you for your reply. I already submitted the application and the evidence it's asking me for is proof of settled status, proof of date of birth and proof of identity. It's not asking me for any proof of 5 year residency at this stage. So is the evidence I mentioned above acceptable? (The code) I guess if SFE need more evidence to prove my residency in the past five years I will send that too.

This means you have applied incorrectly as a Rest of the World National.

You should send in your original EU ID for now and the residency team will contact you for further evidence.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending