The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There were five repeats of the same acceleration test and it took the following readings:
0.87s, 0.89s, 0.65s, 0.77s, 0.76s
Which of these is the correct percentage error of this set of time readings?
a.0.12%
b.0.15%
c.15%
d.30%
Original post by zzayn
There were five repeats of the same acceleration test and it took the following readings:
0.87s, 0.89s, 0.65s, 0.77s, 0.76s
Which of these is the correct percentage error of this set of time readings?
a.0.12%
b.0.15%
c.15%
d.30%

What have you tried? Do you know how to find the uncertainty?
Original post by zzayn
Guys I need urgent help in this question,
There are five repeats of the same acceleration test and it took the following readings: 0.87s, 0.89s, 0.65s, 0.76s, 0.77s
Which of these is the correct percentage error for this set of time readings?
a.0.12%
b.0.15%
c.15%
d.30%
please leave a method to how ur working got the answer

Don't double post the same question. Don't just expect the helper to give you the solution without you putting in the effort of attempting the question.
Reply 4
Original post by Eimmanuel
What have you tried? Do you know how to find the uncertainty?

I know how to find uncertainty but this question asks for percentage error,
Original post by zzayn
I know how to find uncertainty but this question asks for percentage error,

In A level, you can take percentage error as percentage uncertainty unless you are told otherwise.
Reply 6
In A level, you can take percentage error as percentage uncertainty unless you are told otherwise.

how can i possibly find it? average? taking half range? i cant get the ans
Original post by zzayn
how can i possibly find it? average? taking half range? i cant get the ans

Show your working
Reply 8
Show your working

for range 0.89-0.65/2
Reply 9
Original post by zzayn
for range 0.89-0.65/2

for average all the values divided by 5
Original post by zzayn
for range 0.89-0.65/2

The is NOT range. This is the uncertainty.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by zzayn
for range 0.89-0.65/2

Original post by zzayn

So what is your answer?
Reply 12
So what is your answer?

not getting in from the options
Original post by zzayn

It is not helpful. Show your working instead of keep saying not getting the answer, We can help as long as you provide useful info.
Original post by zzayn

It can be a simple arithmetic mistake(s) and if you do not show your working, it is difficult for us to identify them.
Reply 15
It can be a simple arithmetic mistake(s) and if you do not show your working, it is difficult for us to identify them.

bro why can't u jus solve the question and tell me the answer? I have provided you the details with the question??? stop asking me to provide working? i cant solve it
Reply 16
bro why can't u jus solve the question and tell me the answer? I have provided you the details with the question??? stop asking me to provide working? i cant solve it
Original post by zzayn

Dude, similar question, why can’t you post your working as you mentioned the “correct method” below.

Original post by zzayn
for range (0.89-0.65)/2

Original post by zzayn

It is not that you cannot do from what I am seeing. It is just that you are expecting others to provide a solution/answer. This is NOT "a doing homework for me" forum but a helping or guiding forum.
Reply 18
Dude, similar question, why can’t you post your working as you mentioned the “correct method” below.

It is not that you cannot do from what I am seeing. It is just that you are expecting others to provide a solution/answer. This is NOT "a doing homework for me" forum but a helping or guiding forum.

i told u i cant solve it i cant the get answer from the given options, nvm if u jus wanna waste my time and dont want to let know whats the answer its totally ok
Original post by zzayn
i told u i cant solve it i cant the get answer from the given options, nvm if u jus wanna waste my time and dont want to let know whats the answer its totally ok

You are just lazy. Equivalently, you are also wasting my time to help. This is my last post for this thread.

Original post by zzayn
for uncertainty (0.89-0.65)/2

What is your answer? Don’t tell me you cannot press the calculator.

Original post by zzayn

Again what is your answer? Don’t tell me you cannot get an answer or expect others to do for you.

The above 2 simple tasks are already showing how lazy are you.

Percentage error = (uncertainty/average)*100%

Latest