morganboraine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I am going into my second year at uni. I am trying to login to the government student finance website but when I click on 'start now' it does not load. I have tried this both on my phone and laptop. I have also tried calling up but the queues are too long so I don't know what to do.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by morganboraine)
Hi I am going into my second year at uni. I am trying to login to the government student finance website but when I click on 'start now' it does not load. I have tried this both on my phone and laptop. I have also tried calling up but the queues are too long so I don't know what to do.
Hi Morgan, we are experiencing very high traffic due to the cornoavirus pandemic. As you don't urgently need to apply, I advise waiting for now. If you do need to access your account then you can try in the evenings when it's less busy.
Thanks, Isaac.
morganboraine
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi Morgan, we are experiencing very high traffic due to the cornoavirus pandemic. As you don't urgently need to apply, I advise waiting for now. If you do need to access your account then you can try in the evenings when it's less busy.
Thanks, Isaac.
Okay, I did try last week and last night. Im just panicking a bit, when do I have until to reapply for it ?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay, I did try last week and last night. Im just panicking a bit, when do I have until to reapply for it ?
You have until 9 months after the academic year. We advise returning students to apply by the 19th June to receive funding on time.

There may be an issue with virgin media customers accessing the site, are you on virgin media?
Thanks, Isaac.
morganboraine
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
You have until 9 months after the academic year. We advise returning students to apply by the 19th June to receive funding on time.

There may be an issue with virgin media customers accessing the site, are you on virgin media?
Thanks, Isaac.
Yes I am with virgin media, and for my mobile and wifi. That could be the issue then, do you know if this will be resolved ?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I am with virgin media, and for my mobile and wifi. That could be the issue then, do you know if this will be resolved ?
Are you able to try on a different connection? If it's a virgin media issue then we will need to wait until virgin media fix it.
Thanks, Isaac.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads