The Student Room Group

Student finance England evidence

Hi. I’m writing because I need to send evidence to support my student finance application however my passport is expired. My birth certificate is not a uk one. The student finance telephone lines are busy so I have not been able to get to them. My question about is what can I do because the government are only renewing passports for compassionate reasons. Is anyone else going through this? I’m very stressed and the fact that I can’t email or call student finance is making everything ten times worse. I’m sure other students are going through this yet they are still saying I have to have a valid passport when they clearly aren’t taking into account the context which in we are in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC!! The government aren’t allowing me to renew my passport as the most important and necessary passports are being done. What should I do and is there no leeway considering we are in a pandemic!?
Original post by Sxnia_aw
Hi. I’m writing because I need to send evidence to support my student finance application however my passport is expired. My birth certificate is not a uk one. The student finance telephone lines are busy so I have not been able to get to them. My question about is what can I do because the government are only renewing passports for compassionate reasons. Is anyone else going through this? I’m very stressed and the fact that I can’t email or call student finance is making everything ten times worse. I’m sure other students are going through this yet they are still saying I have to have a valid passport when they clearly aren’t taking into account the context which in we are in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC!! The government aren’t allowing me to renew my passport as the most important and necessary passports are being done. What should I do and is there no leeway considering we are in a pandemic!?

Hi there :hugs:
This is a really stressful time and I hope you can get this sorted ASAP
To help, I've put your thread in the ask student finance england forum on :tsr2:
I've heard that sometimes Student Finance can be more responsive on their facebook page, try this? :smile:
I'll see if I can tag anyone to help also @Student Finance England
Best of luck with it,
Cheese :bump:
Original post by Sxnia_aw

Hi, please can I ask you to stop making several duplicate threads. I have responded to your first thread.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending